Eye infection or?

chloe16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Riot was rubbing his left eye, it was a bit inflammed from the rubbing and he was squinting. It had a slight greenish discharge. I took him to the vet and he gave antibiotic drops after he did a stain test for ulcers (none were found). He told me to treat just the one eye so I did.

The left eye healed

The other day he started to rub his right eye, again I noticed some redness (on the outer eye not on the white part) and he was squinting and had some green discharge.

There is no sneezing, runny nose or anything. He is active, playing, eating and drinking fine. When I look at his eyes the pupils respond, his iris looks okay and theres no fur or anything in there. He is the only cat with this. His tear ducts are draining fine when I put drops in his eyes, it comes out his

nose.

What could I be dealing with this cat has been extremely healthy his whole life. Never was at the vet for anything besides a slight URI in February, when he sliced his paw pad open and for his other eye.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like he may need those drops in his other eye.  Greenish discharge is never good.  See what the vet says.  As he gets older, these things are going to start happening.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you still have drops left from when you treated the first eye problem, start using those and call the vet to see if you'll need to take him in.  Unfortunately, seasonal changes can cause these thing to flare up as well as other routine changes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chloe16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I call the vet they will tell me I need to bring him in. In my area, thats their policy when someone asks a question since they want money. His eye looks better today so I will continue treating with eye drops and see over the next few days