Eye cancer?

andrutza420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. I have a 7 month old cat that has recently developed a weird grey dot( can’t seem to get it on camera) on his right iris. We took him to the vet, he looked at both eyes, said that the cat had already had a grey border of his eyes, but the dot was a result of a further pigmentation.( he is a grey cat with bright light green eyes, probably has a russian blue mix we don’t know). He didn’t have the dot until 3 days ago( we looked at pictures) in case we didn’t notice before, but this isn’t the case as the dot is pretty noticeable especially in bright light.
Of course I searched on the web and I found lots of things about cancer and to be honest I’m quite terrified. Even if the vet said that it is not a cause for concern as it’s just pigment, I found online that can easily turn lethal...:( Sorry I am very worried
Has anyone experienced this with their cat, weird pigment of the eye? I need some real stories, I don’t want to search the web anymore.
He is very young...and I find it weird that the dot just popped out of nowhere 3 days ago.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...this is a case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing." Here's what you do. Get a decent photo of that spot. Check it weekly, and photograph. If it changes, have the vet look at it again. Take the photos with you. YES, they can get those pigmentation spots. NO, it is not always, or even usually, cancer. Watch it for a few weeks. If nothing changes, you are almost certainly in the clear.

IF the worst should prove true, your cat's eye will be removed. Your cat, once he is over the discomfort of the surgery, will adapt very quickly. It would take you far longer to get over it. Cats live in a state of eternal now. They deal with what is, in that moment, not with what was, or what could be.

Hekitty developed a spot in her eye when she was somewhere around that age. It is still there, hasn't changed. She is almost 13 years old now. I call it her "beauty mark."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrutza420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BB27916C-4C7A-40BA-8C94-5B0889CA9831.jpeg

I succeeded in taking a first picture, I was lucky he was already staring at something haha
I already feel like it is growing but it may just be my imagination though, so I will be taking further picture like you suggested.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's the only way you'll really know! I know this from experience! Our fear for our babies can make us imagine all sorts of things. And PLEASE keep us posted! He has become, in a small way, our cat, too, and we'll worry!

magsandrue48

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 370267
I succeeded in taking a first picture, I was lucky he was already staring at something haha
I already feel like it is growing but it may just be my imagination though, so I will be taking further picture like you suggested.

Hey, I appreciate this post is a year old. I was wondering what the outcome was.

Thanks!