Extremely Worried

PipsRoomate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pip is a 4 year old half Bengal, half domestic short-haired. Since she was a kitten every few months I'd notice she would bite her back paw and stomp it, just a quirk I thought. She had bad ears when we adopted her and has always have dirty ears and excess wax every so often.

Anyways, at the start of lockdown we stayed with my fiances parents because I didn't want to be alone (I have generalized anxiety disorder, this will play into everything). We came home end of July, and by mid August we were in the ER vet because she had diarrhea that wouldn't stop and she just howled. She was dehydrated and got subq as well as fortiflora and tylan. After a few days she got better.

Since August shes had the diarrhea 3 times, none as severe as the first time but obviously still concerning. I've always noticed she itches more, has skin ripples and has started shaking her head. Also, she's not her normal high energy self.

We are slowly switching to Hills Z/D wet food, because I'm assuming this is allergies. But we have a phone in appointment with a mobile vet today with the possibility of her coming in tonight.

I'm a mess, generalized anxiety disorder is in full control and I've been a worrying mess.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The head shaking is probably her ear was issue. Have you checked on that lately? I guess you clean them regularly?

What does her back paw look like, the one she bites and stomps? Is there anything on it that looks unusual? If not, then it very well may be a "quirk", although it doesn't sound like it. Have you mentioned that to the Vet?

If she doesn't have her normal energy level, it IS worth a Vet visit. Any change like that is worth a visit.

The diarrhea could be caused by so many things. Is the food change helping? Have you tried adding in any probiotics? Her gut flora may be out of balance along with possible food intolerances.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PipsRoomate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vet visit was today, he seems to think its ibd. We did a full blood panel and stool sample, results in 24 to 48. Also gave me revolution to do to rule out parasites.

I'm a basket case. We get to pick her up in an hour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PipsRoomate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What were you feeding her before?
Shes been on wellness turkey.

Shes currently on wellness turkey with fortiflora during flare ups. Dr recommended wet z/d and dry z/d snacks.