Extremely odd behavior

guest5533

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has began to act really, really weird. He is about 9 years old, so I thought that it had somthing to do with his age. It didnt slowly start, it happend all the sudden.

1. He will not leave our kitchen, no matter how many times we take him out, he always returns to the same spot. Sometimes we find him in the microwave, in the cabinents(the ones above out heads, where I cannot reach!)
2. when im sitting on the computer, he will come up and lay on my lap, no matter how many times i move him off, he continues to return. He does it very fast too, as if someone was chasing him, or if he had an certain amount of time to get there. He also drools alot now when he sleeps, more than I do!
3. He is afraid to go outside now.

Whats wrong with him??? We havent been away from him, and I dont think he is scared of anything in our house, however he did get into a fight with another cat a few weeks ago.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With any sudden change in behavior it is best to have your kitty seen by a vet to rule out illness.

Does your cat have pain anywhere? Maybe he got into a fight outside??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

guest5533

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has fleas( if it isnt allergies) and his skin is raw on random areas of his skin.

Ive also noticed hes lost some weight.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely time for a trip to the vet. Sounds like something's going on. Keep us posted!

Stephanie