Extreme Couponing

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

$63.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See, this I can believe. That reality TV show - not so much.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I've tried but couldn't get into the coupon thingy. Every Thursday there is a local paper delivered to our building and it's full of flyers for all the stores in our surrounding area to show what's on sale that week. When I see items that I use on a regular basis, I stock up that week, for instance, this week butter was $3.00 per pound at our local supermarket so I bought 4. About every 4 weeks there will be a sale on Haagen Daas ice cream (only one I eat) so I stock up. Last week it was on sale for $2.99 per container versus the usual $7.69 per container so I bought 6 of them.
I'm the same way. However if I do shop from a store circular, what I notice is "more items in the bags for the same dollar amount spent" and it does feel somewhat good. I suppose if the coupon/specials thing is done often enough, it "adds up" as the saying goes. And that's part of the coupon queen's mantra.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

See, this I can believe. That reality TV show - not so much.

I'm the same way. However if I do shop from a store circular, what I notice is "more items in the bags for the same dollar amount spent" and it does feel somewhat good. I suppose if the coupon/specials thing is done often enough, it "adds up" as the saying goes. And that's part of the coupon queen's mantra.
My trip to Shoprite on 5/25
Kids spray sunscreen 2x
Kids sunscreen lotion
Brillo Estracell Sponge 2x
Fresh Express 1x
Reynolds non stick
Ball Park 4x
Solo plates 4x
breakstone cottage doubles
raisinettes
tidy cat 4x (10lbs)
Reach toothbrushes 4x
Half half
Coffeemate
Retail $78.97
Paid $17.52 after store and manufacturer coupons
Got back $15 in coupons for future trips
84% savings/$61.45

Today we bought:
Q Tips
V8Fusion tea 2x (48oz)
Friskies cat food cans 15x
Solo plates/bowls 4x
Raisinetes
Chinet plates 4x
Hefty trash bags 4x
Retail $59.80
Paid $1.93
Got back $6 in coupons for future trips.
97%/ $57.87

Now I used $11 in store coupons today. I could have gotten meat but I rather bring my $60 total to almost nothing for stockpiling then I will have cut my grocery bill for paper/plastic products for the next few months so I can afford meat/produce.

May 25th I used $10 in store coupons. There was a deal for a few weeks spend $ get $ in 4 coupons to use over a 4 week period. For the Nestle products I spent $11.07 after coupons and got $20 broken down in $5 over 4 weeks. I bought the raisenettes for $1 and used the overage for the rest of my groceries. I did the same for several other deals. The other half of my $10 was the Purina deal. We buy friskies there all the time. We paid $16.36 for 40 cans and got back $20. 15 cans today was $8.25 but I had the $5 coupon and the insert coupon for $1 off 15 cans making it $2.25 for 15 cans.

This is how most of the extreme couponers have been getting stuff for 99% savings. They buy items that cost less than what they will earn back. Then use that future coupon to purchase either more of the same or pay for their regular trip. The one lady did this with the bocca burgers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

But you are doing it!

WTG! Doesn't it feel good!
Yep! I still paid $250.00 for my groceries, but saving $63.00 sure helped!

My back gave out part way through my shopping and I didn't get to the produce or frozen section so I have to go back tomorrow. So the way I'm looking at it, the produce will be free because I'll pay for it with what I saved!

And the nice thing is that for the $250.00 I bought real food!!!! According to that TV show, people go and end up with carts of vitamin water, Maalox, dental floss, toothpaste etc. But I never see actual real food such as actual (non processed) meats, dairy, breads etc.

If I can save $50.00 or so on each shopping trip, I'll be a very happy camper

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

If I can save $50.00 or so on each shopping trip, I'll be a very happy camper
Yup, do that 10 times and that's 500 big ones. I admire you guys. I've come to the conclusion that I don't have the same gene.