Extra items we get them just because

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think the self-heating mats and electric blankets come under 'health'.. my two have both and it's made such a difference to their arthritis, especially Sundar's.
But this is definitely a bizarre one. Why would you??
1690268822861.png

A lot of the cat toys appeal more to us than the cat, who is often just as happy with a screwed-up piece of paper. What I like about these is that we're supporting creative people. :)

1690269375695.png

1690269481158.png

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two only like two toys - the ball I knitted (it's full of cellophane) and the mouse, which is supposed to zoom around but never went more than 10cm on tile and didn't work on carpet at all. It travels much further when Phoebe hurls it around!

They never liked wand toys. Phoebe likes chasing shadows. I bought a laser pointer for Daisy but her reaction was "Moving red dot. That's nice, and no, I can see it fine from here, thanks."

E6CEBAF1-85DF-4155-8F4B-6832EC5370D2.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the K&H heated bed for Mooch. I think they are worth every penny for arthritic seniors like her. She gets so relaxed! I got the first one on an Amazon Lightning Deal back when Noodles was bare belly and thigh from overgrooming. It was a cup style bed and she loved it. But I had to get another because Mooch stole the first. Then I got the one pictured to put in her favorite chair.

She’s definitely a bit spoiled but I did get them all on sales and over time.

My moms almost 20 year old guy will shiver without his heated bed! We got his with a half top to help hold heat in. She did buy a fancy box bench for her new house; but someone was peeing over the box in it so now its food and litter storage.

I want those socks though! :lol:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the self-heating mats and electric blankets come under 'health'.. my two have both and it's made such a difference to their arthritis, especially Sundar's.
View attachment 455407

A lot of the cat toys appeal more to us than the cat, who is often just as happy with a screwed-up piece of paper. What I like about these is that we're supporting creative people. :)

View attachment 455408

View attachment 455409

[/URL]
That top one... some people just have wierd fetishes....

The lamb is adorable though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 455407

View attachment 455408

View attachment 455409

[/URL][/URL]
Yes, Etsy! Has more heart. That last photo took me back to a TV show called “Lamb Chop’s Play Along.” Wirecutter is funny b/c they tell you how many hours they experimented using a thing before recommending. Must be a fun job. They have a separate list for litter boxes alone.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The one thing I did just buy to try out was a litter mat. It’s made sort of like a pillow case, with a solid bottom and a grid like top so that litter falls down and is captured inside so it doesn’t get tracked. I bought one off a Temu that was supposed to be 24 x 45 but turned out to be 17 x 24. They refunded its price since it wasn’t as described and let me keep it.

It is pretty stiff and seems like it would be rough on paws but even at its small size it has made a noticeable difference in litter tracking. I am going to check at local pet stores to see if they carry them.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet fusion scratchers with corrugated cardboard my cats love. Expensive but worth it because it last years so price is the same or cheaper than cardboard that last less than a month. My brush looks similar to that one. Works great

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Problem i have with litter mats is they dont work. My cats both just jump over them.
I guess my cat Maggie is not litterbox trained. Most cats jump out but she steps out,looks around,then covers it then she runs off. Almost like cats run off to be away from their mess!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Problem i have with litter mats is they dont work. My cats both just jump over them.
Agree. They don't work.

This is Austin's favorite. It "lives" in the downstairs closet and he will come running when I open the door.

1690370267518.png

They both like these, but Cricket especially loves to bat and toss them around, especially late at night

1690370354128.png

These I find in various places, often on our bed
1690370422518.png

1690370461775.png

Last edited: