Extra income

uesugi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I have a game review site (that I've let stagnate but will get back to soon) and signed up as an affiliate with rewardfish.com so links to games sold from my review site (the homepage in my profile) earn me 25% if anyone is introduced to the company from my site links and buys a game, even if they buy a game years later or a game I didn't advertise or follow a link from someone else's site. I get about $4 or $5 a day from that program currently, but it took a few months before I had enough traffic to work up to that...

However I know some sites put more work into their blogs and make quite a bit from affiliate programs and adwords. If you're knowledgeable about any topic and can write a regular blog or column, someone out there will read it. And if you write well, more people will come and you'll start making money.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Depends on how much extra cash we're talking about. If you want big bucks and you're good with people, go real estate. You can end up making more money doing real estate part time than at your day job. Location is a big factor though.

If you're just looking for pocket change here and there, do what you're good at. If you're creative exploit that. Or if you're good with computers/software there's a lot of money to be made there. Or if you're good with carpentry, masonry, building, etc.

For those who can handle kids and like to teach, tutoring can make some serious cash. Especially if you have foreigners around who want to learn english, or want their kids to get a jump start in english.

kitkat5505

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot I'd posted here and didn't check to see if anyone had questions on the blog thing. Here's a copy of an email I sent to someone who asked about it:

Here's my blog link http://nuttierthanyou.blogspot.com I write about anything I feel like, usually just whatever's going on in my life, my kids, random thoughts, etc.

I make money through a few different companies. www.payperpost.com makes me the most money. To sign up with them you have to have your blog for at least 90 days with at least 30 posts in that time with no more than 20 days between posts. The more traffic and linkbacks your blog has, the better paying opportunities you get. When I started I was bringing in about $100-200/month and lately I've gotten to about $900/month. You can do up to 3 opps a day for them, the lowest price you get per opp is $5. The other company, that I really like, is www.payu2blog.com I don't make as much from them, maybe $50-100/month, but I like the way they run it better. You don't have to write an ad for a product, you just have to include a link in a normal post. Plus they do product reviews, I've gotten a baby sling, wood blinds, and a gorgeous locket for free to keep and review. And they don't have as many restrictions as payperpost. They don't have any specific rules about when you can sign up, but they approve established blogs more. They hand out assignments randomly, some weeks you could get 5-6, some weeks you might not get any, and they are all worth $5.

The best way to get your blog noticed and generate traffic to it is by visiting lots of other blogs, commenting a lot, especially with blogs that interest you. You can do like mine and just have it about anything, or be more specific, like all about cats or something, both ways bring in visitors though from what I've seen the more specific ones seem to get more visitors from like-minded people.