Exploratory Surgery ~Risks??

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...i picked up some pedialyte from reading on the web about it, he seems to be more active after a few shots in the mouth. i hope it is safe...
It is quite safe to use for hydration and for electrolyte levels...but, I hope he's also getting some food...???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angel_eyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey thanks gang i would have never guessed that he would eat corn on the cobb and he get himself all blocked up. the chunk was the size of a quarter and thick as a cigarette and the ultrasound could clearly see this obstruction bulging and stuck at one spot.

last night we got him to eat..smiles..i followed advice from this site about tuna can juice and it sparked him to finally eat a little bit..the pedialyte seems to be helping alot too but im jyst worried about his front vein on his paw.

he had several IV put in by all the different hospitals trying to figure out the diagnoses...the front right paw had 2 IV in it during the same week and now the vein is HUGE...they already used his left paw and now a catheter is still in his rear leg in case of emergency. he was shaved everywhere i dunno why..? under his tail, chest, bottoms of feet, all four paws..he looks like a wreck but today he came for attention and purred a bit.

Mews- so far we were given a pain med Val/Torbutrol and some baytril antibiotic pills....he would not eat the pills so we got a compound liquid yesterday that taste like chicken. its working so far

the hospital has done a whole bunch of IV meds, they put him back on cefazolin IV antibiotics, cimetizine, torbugesic the other day when we put him back in the hospital. but he is home now where he belongs and just slowly nursing back to health, the baby food oral injections is new one for me and i thank my lucky stars for finding such an oasis of love and info. thanks agaiin

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Baytril should help him. It worked great for my Coco for her bladder problems. Hers was a beef flavored pill but she hated it. Then we got chicken flavored pill pockets and she took them fine until she bit pill one day. I hope you cat keeps getting better.