Experts HELP - Grieving kitties

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Abigail died I sat down with Annabelle and told her what happened, which seemed kinda silly when I was doing it, but like someone else said earlier, I think she got it. I also had Abigail cremated and let Annabelle sniff her ashes and explore them. She calmed down after that and sometimes goes over to the jar where we keep Abby's ashes. We tried to give her lots of extra attention and got her a "pet" kitten when her leukemia incubation period was over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we have decided to keep little miss Sissy Spade. we tried bring her to petSmart to get her adopted out, but after a day or two she starts to get depressed. Then, she started to withdraw from the other cats in my cat kennel. So, we brought her in from the garage and there she will stay.

The rescue I work for is going to start a sponsor-a-pet program which will raise money to help pay for her care; as we really cannot afford to take on another cat.

she's been in the house with the others for about a week now and things are getting better by the day. Scott occasionally gives her a growl, but he is actually "talking" to me again. For a while, he would only snuggle with my husband; he was just plain peeved with me.

Anyways, just wanted to share my joy about Sissy

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fostermom28

Sissy is still with me; although we have a potential adoptor. She is such a sweet girl. Everytime I bring new foster cats into my house, she welcomes them with open paws. She loves all cats, all humans and all kids.....she doesn't even mind the dogs (not bad for a 10 year old cat).

Enjoy.

Karen
OM gads it broke my heart when I saw her, she looks just like my garby that I lost about 10 yrs ago, I Loved him so much he died 3 mos after my first hubby, he died from Liver failure and so did my garby, it was the hardest thing I ever lived through those months.
Bless you for taking the time to care and Love this baby, Best wishes that she does very well..

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is a beautiful kitty and it sounds like she has finally found a loving place after her owner left her- Thank you for caring-