experiencing depression or extreme sadness idk

Niadaniels

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just venting about life and i've been experiencing extreme sadness or depression since i was a child. ( i learned that saying experiencing depression rather than I AM is better.) I'm just not even sure why. i was just always sad and having not cool thoughts as a kid. im thinking about getting a past life regression in the future. I'm gonna start journaling my goals more often, keep my mind off the hell stimulation that is happening. a flea was on my glasses. the mood of my cats has gone down because they have fleas. its just bad. and i've been sleeping like everytime i see them, i was able to care so much for them.. its like something majorly great happens then its ruined and gets worse. lost my kitten after my cat was saved for free and more dumb stuff.
great things going on.
mind shift.
1. working on 2 websites I've been coding, cat sanctuary site + finishing my portfolio and letting go of ideas that are hard to execute.
2. i lied to amazon to get a refund i can buy 1 flea trap and it worked.
3. i made a bean pie.
4. i woke up today. met someone that also wants to do something animal related.
its really hard even acting like woke up today was a great thing, but its possible and i gotta stop taking life so serious. so progresso. c: fighting!!!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
just venting about life and i've been experiencing extreme sadness or depression since i was a child. ( i learned that saying experiencing depression rather than I AM is better.) I'm just not even sure why. i was just always sad and having not cool thoughts as a kid. im thinking about getting a past life regression in the future. I'm gonna start journaling my goals more often, keep my mind off the hell stimulation that is happening. a flea was on my glasses. the mood of my cats has gone down because they have fleas. its just bad. and i've been sleeping like everytime i see them, i was able to care so much for them.. its like something majorly great happens then its ruined and gets worse. lost my kitten after my cat was saved for free and more dumb stuff.
great things going on.
mind shift.
1. working on 2 websites I've been coding, cat sanctuary site + finishing my portfolio and letting go of ideas that are hard to execute.
2. i lied to amazon to get a refund i can buy 1 flea trap and it worked.
3. i made a bean pie.
4. i woke up today. met someone that also wants to do something animal related.
its really hard even acting like woke up today was a great thing, but its possible and i gotta stop taking life so serious. so progresso. c: fighting!!!
Niadaniels Niadaniels i also have bipolar depression and have days where nothing goes right ... im here if you need someone to talk to , ok ?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have experieced depression often in my life, and right now I feel like I've forgotten how to be happy. I'm just tired, and nobody to help me with anything. I'm expected to be the one that's helps everyone else. Oh well, not complaining. I have a decent life, two beautiful cats, and I'm not broke yet.

im thinking about getting a past life regression in the future.
I think this would be a great idea. I have had one, it was very interesting, and I think I learned where my fear of fire came from. I have heard that if you can access the right life to find out where your current issues come from, they can be cured.

Good luck to you, hang in there!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not alone. I have been struggling with sever depression on and off since I was in grade school due to many factors, particularly stuff going on at home. I was very young when I contemplated things which I should not have, and almost succeeded. My anxiety and stress came back full time since the pandemic, and got more worse, particularly when my Mother passed away and I could not come to her. I experience panic attacks almost everyday, so severe that once an ambulance came to my house. But I try to manage my symptoms. And my brother reminds me to just think of happy thoughts when darkness sets in. It works sometimes, but most times it just gets really so hard especially when I have a non-supportive husband.

But, I have my kids and closest friends including those here at TCS. So, when you need someone to talk to, we will be here.

Please hang in there. Remember to not hesitate to ask for help.
Also, you can write poems, draw, compose songs, sing your lungs out, or just walk around the corner when sadness creeps in.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get an inexpensive flea comb for your cats and after pulling it through their fur, dip it in a jar with dish soap and water when it gets some fleas. It will lessen the fleas at least. if you do it regularly it may help to eliminate them. They will be miserable until you get rid of them.
I get depressed regularly. I am so glad I have my husband who reminds me to look for the good things in my life, not dwell on the bad. Just the fact that you are breathing and alive counts. Look around you, there are many MUCH worse off. You have your cats to love and to love you back, you are doing good in the world, and the sun will come up tomorrow. no matter how bad things get, in time they will change, usually for the better. You are much stronger than you think, just hold on and fight the darkness that comes to us all over time. Have something to believe in. Faith is believing in something you can't see, you can't hold in your hands. Like the wind. Like your cat's love and your love for all creatures. Let it be enough.......

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:grouphug: Hang in there. Depression sucks and it can be such a hard rut to get out of but it can be done. Just take it one thing at a time, if you feel overwhelmed just remind yourself that you don't NEED to get everything done/accomplished in a day. I'm convinced that many people who experience this feel emotions so deeply that the problems and troubles of others affect them more than they might affect others. Eventually it builds up and just wears on you. Don't forget to practice some form of self care, even if you say "I'm going to do this nice thing for myself for 15 minutes", set a timer for 15 minutes (and be willing to continue if you're enjoying yourself and the timer goes off!)
I love love LOVE putting on a favorite podcast with a chill sounding narrator and settling in and brushing/combing my dogs and cats. They all enjoy it and it just puts me in this hyper-relaxed "zone". I feel better overall when they're all combed out and looking good. We call it family time and I really do look forward to that, maybe try it out. :)