Experiences With Insurer 24petwatch?

Alicat140

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Tigger, has been enrolled with 24Petwatch since the day I adopted him. Shortly thereafter I added him to my policy with Trupanion. I've had one claim and they hiked up his premium by over 30% for a very minor condition!!

What experiences have people had with this company? Should I keep him on it and risk them hiking his premium with every condition, or just have him go with Trupanion 100%? (I've been with Trupanion since before I got Jasper and Tigger, and in all the times we've made claims they have NEVER increased the premium -- even with my mother-in-law's cat racking up double-digit thousands in bills at a mere 42 months old!)

I'm already leaning towards cancelling 24Petwatch as it's basically a pointless $40 monthly fee at present.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo was automatically enrolled in 24Petwatch when I got him from the Humane Society, but I heard so many negative things about them I switched to Healthy Paws. I haven't had a claim yet, so I can't comment on that. Here's a site that compares different plans. Trupanion is highly rated.

Compare Cat Insurance | Pet Insurance Review

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I was just going to post that same link! I'd go totally with Trupanion, I think. You kinda expect premiums to go up with a LOT of usage, but hiking the rate over single, minor issues is a bit much.