Expected and not ...

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope this is the last time for a good long while before I post in this subforum again.

Today, it was Autumn. Like her probable son, Domino (who passed away last September), she had been sick for some time. Today, I thought she was sleeping, but when I went to pet her she was cold and I thought she had already passed away. But when I removed her collar (to keep the name tag), she gasped, and was breathing shallowly but not responding. Got her to the vet, and she passed away this afternoon.

Autumn.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was adopted in the summer of 2014 (from the same rescue where I got my first four--of whom only one remains with me--TV, a black and white girl who is probably Autumn's daughter).

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Autumn, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be. And she knew that she lived, breathed, and had her being wrapped in your love, from the day she entered her life until the day she passed through the Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to you, to walk beside you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I pray you can find comfort in your memories of happier times......It's such an empty feeling when they leave us, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart and fill it with something other then grief. One day you will exchange that grief with gratitude for having her in your life, but that takes such a long time......
Go forward into the future and live it as you would want for her to go on if you were the first to go, that is love and she wants no less. She is at peace because of your love she holds in her heart, keep sending her thoughts and prayers of love and joy and she will continue to do the same.
Please accept my condolences, I will keep you all in my thoughst and prayers.......RIP precious Autumn. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so very hard to lose our beloved fur-kids. She was a beautiful girl. I, too, hope you won't have to post again in this forum for a long time.

Rest in peace, sweet Autumn. :rbheart:

dianajune

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope this is the last time for a good long while before I post in this subforum again.

Today, it was Autumn. Like her probable son, Domino (who passed away last September), she had been sick for some time. Today, I thought she was sleeping, but when I went to pet her she was cold and I thought she had already passed away. But when I removed her collar (to keep the name tag), she gasped, and was breathing shallowly but not responding. Got her to the vet, and she passed away this afternoon.

View attachment 474974
I am very sorry about your loss. My cat died last Thursday too. I took him to the vet that morning, thinking his chronic tummy issues were still bothering him but his heart gave out.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your beautiful Autumn, such a beautiful name too.
I hope she didn't suffer much and that her passing was easy. She won't forget you, the love that you gave her, the good times you had together. Now she's with Domino again, away from your eyes, but not from your heart, and surely they will walk next to you to guide your life.
RIP beautiful Autumn.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry you lost her. It is always difficult.We had three cats here we lost Tino very young at 10 because of immune mediated hemolytic anemia( I still feel that years later.) We just lost our 21 year old a few months ago.Not entirely unexpected but still difficult. Now all the focus is on our 15 year old. I wish you love and peace in your grieving process .🌈