Exotic pet owners, Big Cat lovers sad news..

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know there are some exotic cat owners here who truely love their animals.
SO you may be aware of the Rocky Moutain wildlife center.

Making up for the shortfalls of those irresponcible people caught up in exotic animal fads The Rocky Mountain Wildlife Conservation Center has been rescuing extoic cats, bears etc for 26 years,.

Here is their story as they are set to close without some serious financial help now. a fine example of why i believe private individuals should not be allowed to own large exotic pets.
The resuced now need rescued again.

FYI
http://wildanimalsanctuary.org/closure/

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John (Amber the Bobcat) is proof that there are some individuals responsible enough to take care of exotics. Instead of barring all individuals from having exotics, there should be inspections and licensing to ensure that the animals are well cared for and present no danger to society.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

John (Amber the Bobcat) is proof that there are some individuals responsible enough to take care of exotics. Instead of barring all individuals from having exotics, there should be inspections and licensing to ensure that the animals are well cared for and present no danger to society.
Yes i agree and amber was in my mind when i referenced responcible owners.

However, that does not help the animals facing death due to lack of funds.

Most of those animals at their site in CO have been rescued from across the US from people who are not responcible.
i did not want to revisit that discussion. I have had it with Amber in the past.
Caring people like amber are the exception, not the rule.

My only thoughts were to post this as a request for help for animals just as helpless with their future as the unwanted cats & dogs in our shelters.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Point taken.

I hope that they can raise enough funds to stay open. It is truly a shame that there are so many people who get exotics and don't know how to take care of them.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, maybe I can make a small donation this upcoming payday. There are so many people who could/should care, and if they all give a little something, the funds will add up to buy these animals some time. I just came back from a small vacation and was amazed to see how much people will pay for an item at the souvenir counter that they could get for 1/10th or less the price at BigLots or the 99 cents store
It just goes to prove the old saying, "You spend your money where your heart is"...