Excessive meowing???

gristoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do i stop my cat from meowing constantly even though we are at home watching tv?? We are in the house and the one cat goes down the hallway and howls. The other cat doesnt make a sound. I have to call the cat that meows and he will come out and see me then back to the hall and meows again. Does he want attention or what?

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get some kind of toy like a string or DA bird that you can play with the cat while you watch tv. The cat feels like it is being ignored, most likely.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat that will yowl from a few rooms away, too. She does it when she's bored or wants to play fetch and has one of her balls.

All you can really do is give them what they want. Attention from you. You could try some interactive toys, adding a tall cat tree, a perch in front of a window so the cat can look outside.

lynsgems

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gristoby

How do i stop my cat from meowing constantly even though we are at home watching tv?? We are in the house and the one cat goes down the hallway and howls. The other cat doesnt make a sound. I have to call the cat that meows and he will come out and see me then back to the hall and meows again. Does he want attention or what?
How old is this cat? If this is a male, has he been neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gristoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a male and he is 3 years old. And yes he has been neutered. I think ill try and give him some different toys to play with. He has a cat stand he jumps on and looks outside. As both of my cats are indoor cats they love to see whats going on outside. They have a lot of toys and dont get too bored. Its just at night about an hour before bed. Im just happy he doesnt do this in the middle of the night. Thanks for the feed back. Ill keep posting updates.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then make that before bed playtime. Use a wand toy or a laser pointer and play with him until he's worn out.