Excessive head scratching

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the way, does someone know if eating wet food only can increase urinating in cats? Musiaka started peeing more on his new diet, even though he doesn't drink water anymore (he used to drink quite a lot when he got dry food). The food he's getting is quite moist and soft, although not watery, so maybe it makes him pee more?

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh, he has already peed 4 times today since the early morning (from 7 am to 6 pm). I don't get where it comes from, can it be just from the wet food? He hasn't drank any water since I stopped feeding him kibble and before that he used to drink a lot but pee less

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I managed to take Musiaka to the vet today and she found some ear mites! So Musiaka will be getting eardrops and he also got some drops on his skin. Hopefully the scratching will seize

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think the vet has done something wrong :( Musiaka is constantly shaking his head and his ears are down. He seems so uncomfortable...

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the vet has done something wrong :( Musiaka is constantly shaking his head and his ears are down. He seems so uncomfortable...
It can take a while to work - and cats really dislike having stuff in their ears. If it's anything like the medication ours gets for her yeast infections, it will coat the ear inside, possibly cause some dripping too. Our vet told us she may continue to paw at her ears for a bit until it absorbs better.

If Musiaka isn't doing better tomorrow, call the vet if for no other reason to calm your mind. Hopefully by tomorrow the medication will really kick in and start killing off the mites.