Ewww Body Odour!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Many years ago, I worked with a man who smelled so badly I couldn't take it. To make it worse, it was in the middle of the summer, hot temps and extremely high humidity. And the man wore heavy, long-sleeved turtleneck sweaters, had a long beard and long hair and both were umkempt and just horrible....we always expected to see spiders or some other creatures in his hair. His nails were caked with dirt and he would have the same dirt marks on his hands and face from day to day.

Now I'm not sure, but I tend to think the long sleeves were because he was trying to hide needle marks; there were other indications that he might have been a heavy drug user. The stench was just horrid and I finally had to go to my boss and to HR to get them to do something. Everybody else simply refused to work with him, so I got stuck with him. He eventually didn't show up for work for awhile and we never did find out what happened to him.

OTOH, there's an older woman in our building who must bathe in this horrible perfume. We can smell her coming and, believe me, we scatter. If my co-worker and I walk into the kitchen here and she's been in there, we'll know....he calls it "old lady perfume". I don't know what the perfume is, but it's almost the worst perfume on earth. And she smokes, too, and that just makes it worse. So you have the stench of that awful perfume combined with the stench of a pack-and-a-half a day habit. Ewwwww

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

I've never found that to be true.
Really? Oh man. The ones I go to are mostly in the summer... just try going to the dance or something Saturday night.
x 10. A lot of those people are too busy partying it up to shower.

justjayde

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in a wheelchair - if you think they stink up high - imagine your face being arse/groin height. It puts a whole new spin on BO.

My son has a friend that came over recently for the first time and he stunk so bad I was gagging. I hope that isn't the norm, if it is I may have to figure out a nice way to say "If you are coming over to visit you need to shower, put on clean clothes and deoderant first".

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever sat near a stinky person in a restaurant?? I served a business man last week that had BO so bad that my guests that were sitting near him wanted to move to another part of the restaurant.
And we had a dishwasher that had it so bad that management had to tell him to please bathe more regularly.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Redd Foxx said this in a routine once...

"Confucis say, 'Crowded elevator smell different to midget'"

I used to live in Ventura with my cousin, helping out with my aunt who has the beginning stages of Dementia. When I moved there in mid-September last year, their dog was beginning to stink pretty bad by the end of the month, so I took him in for a bath. That was the only time it was bathed while I was there until I left at the end of May. My other cousin didn't want to pay for the bath, so I had to endure the stench. Thank god I spent alot of time in my room...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides body odor, I think people who smoke who are covered in the stench gross me out. I used to be a smoker, however I never smelled of smoke and always smelled clean. I HATE the smell of someone smelling like they took a bath in cigarette smoke, it's repulsive. If you're going to smoke, atleast make sure you smell good and not reeking of smoke.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I work, they have a rule not to spray perfumes or body sprays in the building. There are some girls who use it in the bathroom regardless of the rules. There are a lot of people there that are allergic to the stuff.

I have a mild allergy to some colognes. But the topper was one of my friends sat near a couple of girls who would have perfume fights! They were spraying the stuff at each other. My friend got a horrible headache from it and her supervisor didn't do much except have the team lead go over and tell them to stop. Which they did for a little while.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Besides body odor, I think people who smoke who are covered in the stench gross me out. I used to be a smoker, however I never smelled of smoke and always smelled clean. I HATE the smell of someone smelling like they took a bath in cigarette smoke, it's repulsive. If you're going to smoke, atleast make sure you smell good and not reeking of smoke.
I can pretty much guarantee that if you smoked, your clothing and hair also smelled of smoke to people who did not smoke. Smokers never smell the smoke themselves. I never smelled smoke on my clothing or hair but others did just as I now smell it on others.

Originally Posted by Catkiki

Where I work, they have a rule not to spray perfumes or body sprays in the building. There are some girls who use it in the bathroom regardless of the rules. There are a lot of people there that are allergic to the stuff.

I have a mild allergy to some colognes. But the topper was one of my friends sat near a couple of girls who would have perfume fights! They were spraying the stuff at each other. My friend got a horrible headache from it and her supervisor didn't do much except have the team lead go over and tell them to stop. Which they did for a little while.
Most (if not all) hospitals here now have no perfume rules and many places of business do as well. I once worked with a girl that wore Estee Lauder Youth Dew which is pretty strong. She re-sprayed herself every couple of hours during the day and it was terrible.

Although it isn't an odour issue, many hospitals are now banning live flowers or plants due to allergies.