Ew!! MAGGOTS!!!! Please help me!

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well, I went into the laundryroom yesterday to do laundry, and there are about a hundred flies by the window!!! I am freaking out now!! Obviously, we missed alot of pupa's because they've all hatched and now there are zillions of flies in my place!!
Wasn't this one of the things that was observed in the "Amityville Horror" house??

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you hang fly paper? I got some at the grocery store that's just very very sticky paper in a roll. No poisons or anything. Of course, it's still quite disgusting to forget where it's hanging and come face to face with a bunch of dead bugs! I found if I hung them where most of the insects swarmed around that it reduced their numbers in about a day or so.

Good luck with the little buggers!

~Julia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf

Can you hang fly paper? I got some at the grocery store that's just very very sticky paper in a roll. No poisons or anything. Of course, it's still quite disgusting to forget where it's hanging and come face to face with a bunch of dead bugs! I found if I hung them where most of the insects swarmed around that it reduced their numbers in about a day or so.

Good luck with the little buggers!

~Julia
I did actually try that, but strangely enough there were no flies on it, even after like 12 hours. I even left a light on, and turned off all other lights in the apartment so they would be attracted to the area where I put it. I think today, I am going to raid the crap out of the damn things!! I'm getting so grossed out..I haven't even done any work today, I've just spent the whole day online trying to find ways to get rid of the nasty beasts.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I moved the litterbox into the kitchen. Its a big kitchen, so I don't think it will be too gross in there. I clean it like crazy, so I think it won't be stinky. I closed the laundry room door and Ken sprayed some raid earlier and killed like 20 flies...so hopefully they just die in there, and don't bug Trout and her litterbox anymore.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I honestly hope there isn't some dead thing hiding in your walls or something. Where could all of those flies come from?
I hope your maggot/fly problem gets solved quickly. I got the heebie-jeebies just from reading this thread!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Ugh, I honestly hope there isn't some dead thing hiding in your walls or something. Where could all of those flies come from?
I hope your maggot/fly problem gets solved quickly. I got the heebie-jeebies just from reading this thread!
I think I would smell a dead thing...
Maybe not...Eeeeeew!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On the phenol theme...

I get itchy rashes on my arms from things like heat, and so I'm an itchy mess at the moment. I've been putting Calamine Lotion on the itchy bits to help soothe it because nothing else seems to. I was just opening the bottle and I noticed that it said on the side that Phenol is the preservative in it! I'd never heard of Phenol until this website.

As well as that, my kitty was trying to lick the calamine lotion off my arm, she liked the smell for some reason! I wouldn't let her, and I don't even want to use it now!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i made something like http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2033556&Ne=2

just took a normal litter box, and some cheap wood, and some left over carpet,
maybe something like that would help with the missing issue?

by the way you said this was a new house? i remember as kid when we first moved into this house i would come home from school to find my bed room window just covered in flys
even during the winter for about the first year, maybe it will take some time to get rid of all them

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i made something like http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2033556&Ne=2

just took a normal litter box, and some cheap wood, and some left over carpet,
maybe something like that would help with the missing issue?

by the way you said this was a new house? i remember as kid when we first moved into this house i would come home from school to find my bed room window just covered in flys
even during the winter for about the first year, maybe it will take some time to get rid of all them
Actually I just bought a giant tote and am going to use that as her litterbox. She won't be able to pee over the side even if she tries.
I just don't know whether to leave the lid on or take it off?? Maybe I'll cut it in half and have half a lid on there..

eieen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do scoop the liter box several times each day.  It is used by 5 feral cats and is located on my enclosed porch.

Is there anything you would suggest?  Thanks,  Eileen

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I do scoop the liter box several times each day.  It is used by 5 feral cats and is located on my enclosed porch.
Is there anything you would suggest?  Thanks,  Eileen
Hi Eileen. Welcome to TCS :wavey:

I'm not sure what your question is. Do you have the same problem with maggots that the OP had?

This thread is 7 years old and is fairly long. Not a lot of people are going to read all the way to the end to see your post. You'll probably get better response if you start your own thread.