Evolution Of Stuff

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm using these as examples because motor racing is my thing but feel free to post your version.
It's about how things get better (or worse) quicker, bigger, smaller etc. over time.

Also a 2018 F1 cockpit vs a 1960's one.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh - I'll take the old Brabham cockpit, thanks. Too much information to process these days. The tach is the only necessary instrument. At speed, the temperature and oil pressures gauges only tell you a few moments before you blow the engine.

§ § § § §

Cats:

In ancient Egypt, cats were expected to walk upright, and to work for their dinner, by herding ducks, guarding temples, or building pyramids:

By Victorian times, little had changed. Cats were still expected to stand upright, although their daily work was more likely to be in the Professions than in the Trades:

Finally, in the 1930s, cats began to come into their own, and were at last allowed to be cats:

Today's historical revisionist cats seem to know no bounds, even to having repainted the Sistine Chapel to reflect Feline Exceptionalism, vide: The Creation Of God:

creation1.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too. If I had a chance I'd rather drive Jim Clark's 1968 lotus than any current F1 car.

Lovely, but no, thanks; take me back two decades more to Juan Manuel's fat little rocket.

One gauge - the tach, installed with 7,000 rpm at top dead center, as a reminder to upshift. It sounded like a motorcar, not like an angry hummingbird.

;)