Everything seems to be going wrong....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back from my primary doctor. To make a long story short, I HAVE TO start walking again and watching what I eat. Cholestrol is back up. Thyroid is underactive, so she put me on a lowdose thyroid med, like my sister and Gram. For my pains that I have like between my shoulder blade and go underneath my left breast, after listening and pointing to where it is bad, she put me on Nexium, the purple pill to heal a possible any esphogas erosions I might have. She says what I'm describing sounds like gurd, and also erosions. I go back in 12 weeks, (3months) for more bloodwork and see if my calcium levels, (thyroid) come back down and to check my cholestrol. (it was high before and in 2 months I brought it from 245 to 192 by walking everyday and losing 20 pounds) ( need to lose 100) If my pains are still as bad, then she will send me to a gastroenologist to be checked out. I'll go to Jerry's guy that he had in the hospital that will do his colonoscopy, etc.

So, that's where we stand..........now I just have to get through what my gyno saw....I know I do have pain down there. I wonder if I have some sort of infection. I hope he'll be able to tell me on Thursday.

I just need some good news...........

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully, with the nexium, no more pain between the shoulder blades, and some healing will occur...with the thyroid being treated, you should feel better and find losing weight a bit easier as well. Knowing it's off, allows you to get it treated..so in a way, it's a good thing.

Here's hoping you find those walks enjoyable (I should make a pact with you, I need to walk at least 3x a week too!)

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Suz!
I'm so sorry you've had so many problems of late!!!

Fingers crossed on the gyno...I had an abnormal pap come back last year and I nearly had a nervous breakdown-- of course, it was nothing! phew!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
those pains sound sort of like my gallbladder attacks...do you still have yours?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie, I just saw this. (I've been out of touch a lot lately.) I'm so sorry things aren't going well.
I'm sending lots of good luck vibes in yours and Jerry's direction. I really hope things get better for you soon.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hang in there Susie, we're all rootin for you. I can sympathize with the high cholesterol. I've been putting off my regular checkup because I know mine is high and I'm just not in the mood to hear the lecture.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

those pains sound sort of like my gallbladder attacks...do you still have yours?
Yes, I do. Where is the gallbladder in the body?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Susie, I just saw this. (I've been out of touch a lot lately.) I'm so sorry things aren't going well.
I'm sending lots of good luck vibes in yours and Jerry's direction. I really hope things get better for you soon.
Aww thanks Tari.......my life was going to smooth, so I guess in the last few weeks I've been paying for it....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Hang in there Susie, we're all rootin for you. I can sympathize with the high cholesterol. I've been putting off my regular checkup because I know mine is high and I'm just not in the mood to hear the lecture.
Yep, I got the lecture, and as much as I hate hearing it, I'm glad I did. I have the motivation I need now I think to do this........just the word heart attack was enough.....

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Mine was on the right side under the rib cage. Took stomach stuff for years until the pain landed me in the hospital for emergency surgery. You might have them look for gall stones since they are made of cholesterol.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Hopefully, with the nexium, no more pain between the shoulder blades, and some healing will occur...with the thyroid being treated, you should feel better and find losing weight a bit easier as well. Knowing it's off, allows you to get it treated..so in a way, it's a good thing.

Here's hoping you find those walks enjoyable (I should make a pact with you, I need to walk at least 3x a week too!)
Sure hope so Pat..........if we lived closer, we could be walking buds!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You should also try oatmeal for your cholesterol. That has helped me before.

Hope everything goes well on Thursday

How is Jerry doing?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

You should also try oatmeal for your cholesterol. That has helped me before.

Hope everything goes well on Thursday

How is Jerry doing?
Yes, I have oatmeal that I will force myself to start eating.

Jerry feels 95% better, thanks for asking Karen!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just caught up on this thread...what a lot of ups and downs! I was hoping and praying that all would be well. Sounds like the kitties and Jerry are on the mend. Now it is your turn to get better!

Sounds like it is time to focus on yourself! Have some oatmeal. (It tastes a lot better with some fruit added!) Have a few walks. And let us know how it goes at the OB visit.

Ongoing prayers for Susie, Jerry, Tiggy and Petals!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you and Jerry can start taking walks together? Hand in hand?
And maybe other pulse raising exercises?

to ya and
for the gyno appointment.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

location i'm not sure of, but location of pain - that i get. mine actually hurt in my back, just at the bottom edge of my bra. i thought it was back pain - got muscle relaxants, painkillers, etc - for 6 months before i got an ACTUAL gallbladder attack - intense pain, cold sweats, etc. i thought i was going to have to call an ambulance! they do an ultrasound to check for the gallstones.took it out when i was 42 - 6 summers ago.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd tell you guys that I went back to my gyno today and he looked and said I was good, that not to worry and he'd see me on my next regular visit.......he said the last pap indicated inflammation, and that could have been anything, be he did a good exam and said all looks well, so hopefully things will be getting better now...........Tiggy is good, Petals is good, Jerry is good, (still has to have a colonoscopy in August just to make sure) and I'm as good as I'm gonna get right now........we just have to deal with the passing of Jerry's grandma today.......but she is truly in a better place...............thanks for all the support I found here.............