Everything happens for a reason - right?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mantra these days: Everything happens for a reason. I deserve good things.

Although - I'm beginning to think that reason life seems to send us so many obstacles is that I was Elizabeth Bathory (thank you for that information in the horrible women of history thread!) in a past lifetime.

The place we wanted to rent that our Real Estate agent said the Landlord wanted to move ahead with the lease? The RE agent for the landlord continued showing it to people - and now there's a couple that want to lease it for two years then buy it. Ernie thinks she's just trying to bid the rent up.

Either way - we can't afford a bidding war, and we can't afford the time to keep looking.
Gary's got a HUGE test a week from Monday. Our careers (and ability to get paid) depend on it. He's in cycle for the cluster headaches (of course) and he is suffering so badly. And he has SUCH a huge phobia about tests. Knowing the material isn't the problem - being able to complete the test or not freak out while taking it is. (
) (He left home and school at 15). He is SO stressed out - and that makes his IBS worse...

Obviously we have to keep looking now as it looks like that home isn't going to be ours to rent. In the meantime, the "For Sale" sign goes up in front of this place next week.

I'm really trying to stay positive about things - but I'm not having so much luck with that today. *sad smile*

If anyone could spare a few positive vibes and a couple of hugs, I could really use them today!

to everyone!

Laurie

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, take a deep breath. Everything should work out for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I know that things will turn out just fine.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sending a whole mountain load of "positive things happening" vibes to you. and as many hugs as they will let me here:

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AW!

Hang in there, if this doesn't come to pass it wasn't meant to be because something better is JUST around the corner! Whatever happens WILL be for the best! I promise!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Laurie

I'm so sorry that things aren't looking positive right now, but your right: Everything happens for a reason
I've had some pretty stressful moments recently too, and you just have to stay positive, and you know we're all here for you, always

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sending you an energy prayer. Keep saying your positive affirmations, and structure them as if they have already happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK. Got "lost" in the Nutrition and Behavior forums for a little while - and

I laughed at a couple of posts in The Cat Lounge.

I took a deep breath.

...and found all your good wishes, vibes and hugs, and I feel SOOOOO much better! I actually started crying again - but this time it was a happy cry because I have such wonderful people and support at TCS.

I should look at it this way - at least we have the RV so being homeless isn't a possibility!

At the very worst we can put everything we don't immediately need and all the furniture into storage and move back into the RV. There is a beautiful RV park just a few miles from here - and they open April 15.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm glad you've found a ray of sunshine, Laurie, but it still is a bummer of a development!
Lots of vibes coming your way.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great that you have the RV to fall back on. If my husband had his way, we would pack everything up and drive around the continent in an RV!

I'm sending {{{{ positive vibes }}}} to you for your house hunting, and for Gary's health.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweets! I hope that a rainbow magically appears and shows you the way to your new house. Til then, you have your RV, your kitties and each other (and us of course) right?

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With a thread title like this......you must know I would show up!

I see you already took a breath and put things back in perspective. As I know very well, things can get out of perspective very fast. When this happens, take a breath, realize you do have the strength to handle each event....but one at a time chikk! Anyone would feel overwhelmed when their life feels like it's being pulled from under their feet.

You are a smart woman, with a wonderful husband and a life full of furry love. What else do you need? Just the perspective that everything does happen for a reason (had to throw that in there...) and you will work everything out in time.

One step at a time Laurie...no need to run.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending many vibes for Gary to do well on his test{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}
I remember you wrote that the rental market was pretty good?? Perhaps after his test is over you can start over on looking for a new place to rent.
And yes thank goodness you have the RV to fall back on.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding my {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} that Gary does well on his tests and that you find a wonderful home very soon! I've lived in a travel trailer before, and there are the plusses, as well the drawbacks. You have a great attitude! and that should entitle you to some welcome blessings

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, just when you thought everything was sorted! But you are an amazing and optimistic person, and will get over this hurdle. Good vibes for Gary and for both of you that the right home appears very quickly if you lose this one.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Laurie!!

Your thread title also dragged me in. My mom was the biggest believer in "everything happens for a reason" that I've ever met and passed it on to me. But when you are living in the moment before you realize what that means, it really stinks.

You are very fortunate to have the RV right now. You're dream home will show up when it is the right time.