Everyone please read!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in no matter what we decide. Thinking about it, the long term committment does seem to lend itself to disappointment. I'm pretty committed to the board, but I can also see myself flaking out over the long haul (at least forgetting a month here or there). I think a one time deal or a short time frame like 3 months would be good. Also much less work for Denise. Birthdays are a good idea, but if your birthday is next December chances are pretty good you won't get anything. Sad but true. Besides people dropping from sight here, it's a long ways away to remember to send something.

Just more thoughts and lots of 2 cents!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to sign up for this exchange, too.

I think a one time deal or a short time frame like 3 months would be good. Also much less work for Denise.
I agree with Heidi, and everyone else who suggested the one time deal. How about sending a small gift (less than $20 American) and a letter about ourselves and our furbabes? Or maybe a gift that reflected our interests (not necessarily cat-related)? That way, we can learn more about someone else on this board.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to have to think about this. I want to join in, but on the other hand, I have so much going on right now...a baby, full time job, marriage that is requiring alot of attention right now, a new diet and exercise program to start, and very little time online anymore, and I see less time in the future, so I may have to bow out of this one...I hate to...I would LOVE to participate, but am afraid I would get busy and forget to send my person something and disappoint someone, which I would never ever want to do, so I may not join in...let me think about it a bit. It is a good idea, though.

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm really busy with school and stuff right now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to participate, but I don't have the time nor the money right now.

I just wanted to say, if you do the planning, and somebody drops out or whatever, you can put me on a back-up list or something. The gift wouldn't be very good due to my lack of funds right now (most likely something home-made, lol), but I'd hate to see anyone get disappointed.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be like a pen pal! I think we can really learn alot about each other! We should put some limit as some of us are short of cash, like me. I was too late for the Santa thing too but offered to send gifts to two other members. I got a fabulous gift from one and nothing from the other. You can never tell..but, I think it's worth it!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's an idea! I would prefer to do a one-time thing, but, if you decide to do a long term thing, put me on the back-up list. I really don't see a long term thing working out, but I would also hate to see someone disappointed.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay..how about this? What about a temporary pen-pal? Let's say, you are matched with someone for approx. 1-3 months and after that time frame, it's time to be re-matched with someone else? Now, the trick here would be that a new thread would have to be done and only those that re-sign will be set up again. So, if someone signs up and does not follow through, it will be a temporary disappointment and....for those that do not find this worked out, they can just skip the re-signing up part.

BTW: Personally, I would LOVE a homemade gift much more than anything else. I think it is much more personal. Unfortunately, I am not talented enough to do that but for those that want to join, and do not have the funds....I think this is a GREAT idea.

Also, it does not necessarily mean Denise has to take on the responsability each time. Maybe there may be other volunteers to help out.