Everyone please read....I need your input here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Anne
Like others have said here - I think that your title was ok as you did put "(funny)". Without it I could see a problem, but as it's there - what's offensive there?

I don't get it anyway. Those were people on another forum complaining about your thread here?
or did you put up a similar thread there as well?
Anne,
I posted this on the quilting forum that I belong to on about.com, and recieved an ugly e-mail telling me how insensitive I was to those who had just lost loved ones to use the title that I did (same as here, no different). I thought I'd get some input from you guys here, a) because I respect everyone's opinion, and b) because I think of you guys as my friends, and couldn't stand the thought of having upset anyone. It's just my nature to hate to cause anyone to be hurt or upset, and like I told Kate Ang last night, when I finished reading the e-mail that the lady sent me, I just sat down and cried. I'd rather take a beating personally than for someone to tell me I hurt them....and I'm in upper management, go figure!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't find it offensive at all. You even put (funny) in it! When I saw the title I thought "Uh oh, sounds like someone got another kitty and hubby is not too happy!"

Not for one second did I think anything negative about it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Purr
...When I saw the title I thought "Uh oh, sounds like someone got another kitty and hubby is not too happy!"

Bingo! My thought precisely!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think it's offensive or insensitive either. The only way I could imagine that is if it was a blow-up doll, which it is not. What you made was just a larger version of a craft type doll, which are often made as gifts. I don't see the problem.