Every cat food is making my cats sick!

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Okay thank you again. I will start making some food tonight, Hopefully getting some milk tomorrow morning to test first.
are they both having this condition or just one?  The liquid quality of baby food isn't what's relevant, its a very mild easy to digest food as a short term solution.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nature's Variety frozen raw food is good
Be sure to get the cat formula, not the dog formula. Some stores may not carry the cat formulas in stock and would have to special order it
http://www.instinctpetfood.com/instinct-raw-food-cats Either the Raw Bites or medallions can be fed. I prefer the medallions since the 1 oz size is a perfect single serving size for my cats.

I had just thought of this now,

My boyfriend and I use to get Tyson plain chicken breast, diced form. Would this be okay for them?

ingredients:Boneless Skinless Chicken with rib meat, water, contains 2% or less of the following: Canola Oil, Chicken Flavor, Chicken Stock, Dextrose, Flavors, Maltrodextrin, Molasses, Salt, Sugar, Yeast Extract

Calories: 100

Fat: 2.5g

Sodium:480
I would not feed this to a cat. Cats don't need all those sugars or flavorings. Plain raw chicken with nothing else added is better. Do you have any butcher shops?

Raw meat is not a complete diet on it's own. You need to add in additional ingredients, such as raw organs and bone, and / or vitamin and mineral supplements to make the raw meat a complete diet. The Raw and Home Cooked forum has more info on how to feed either a raw diet or a cooked diet.

Could your boyfriend or someone else prepare a raw or home cooked diet for the cats so you wouldn't have to risk getting sick? Or could you wear disposable plastic gloves (or even just plastic baggies) on your hands to handle the raw meat?

Have your cats seen a vet lately? Vomiting can indicate any number of things. Food allergies / sensitivity and IBD are two conditions that can make a cat vomit after eating. If the cats haven't been to a vet, please make an appointment. A vet can run tests to determine what might be causing the cats to vomit.

Last edited: