Ever seen one of these?

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

Have we seriously gotten so incredibly lazy, that we will spend hundreds of hard-earned dollars on a machine that flushes cat poop?! Rather than spend $10 dollars on a litter box, $2 on a scoop, and take 2 itty bitty minutes out of our day to scoop the litterbox, we spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a machine to do it for us?! Sorry, it just seems so incredibly un-necessary. I mean, I can buy a fine-looking yearling horse colt for that... No thanks.
For those of us who work 7 days a week at 2 jobs, this can be a life and nose saver!
I'm just wondering what would happen if your kitty was using the litter when the scheduled flush was scheduled!

For a while, there were books and inventions all over to teach kitties to actually use the toilet! You would have to flush after them, but no more litter box!

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sweets: I'm sure that it's more convenient, but if you work 7 days a week, 2 jobs, surely this is because you don't have the money to spend on neccessities, much less this thing? I just believe there are better ways to spend alllll that money... As I mentioned before, there are bills to pay. And surely you can find 2 minutes before bedtime to clean out the litter box? I really don't see how it's so incredibly inconvenient, but maybe it's just me. I've always lived frugally.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a forum about this before. Some cats don't like to use it because the pellets are really strange. Plastic pellets sort of. You also have to have a water hook up for it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just dropped by here again and have to say in defense of our Litter Robot: we have six cats, my mom is 82, and I have a thrice-injured back that goes into spasms when I bend for more than a moment. If we can make our lives less painful -- and in my mom's case, possibly prevent a stroke -- by spending a little extra on a machine that drastically reduces our labor, cuts down on the amount of litter we have to buy and lug around, keeps the house smelling good, and keeps our cats from having to step in used litter... that's well worth it to us!

As I mentioned before, this Cat Genie thing doesn't solve the last two problems on that list, and I wouldn't want one of those myself... but please, my friends, don't knock the Litter Robot till you've tried it! It's been a godsend for us...

L

larks

Have to say I wouldnt go for it but I would consider some form of self clean litter tray. 3 cats and a dog to walk is time consuming and I live in a 3 story house with littery tray at top ( rest of family too busy) so I deff would be interested in some form of self clean litter tray, but one snag for me.....their never available to UK

Think the problem is our stores just dont stock the refills they probs use. Anyways its the enclosed litter tray with cat flap and scooper for me.

I suppose this litter tray is suppose to make up its cost by the fact you never buy cat litter (supposedly).

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Be wary of their three month payment plan, I aided it up and if you go the payment plan they scam you $30

The full way -$329

The pay over time- $99 plus $30 plus two payments of $115 = $259