Ever read a book that confused the heck out of you?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have (tried) to read a few. Sorry I can't remember the titles. But there was one book that from page one I just could figure out what the heck was going on...think I quit reading it after page 20!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's called "Butcher's Tale" It's about a small town in Poland where a boy was dismembered. They immediatly blamed it on the Jewish butcher. The reasoning was the other butcher is cathloic so he could never have done such a thing. It flipped from the story to a history of such murders then to a history of anti-semitism in europe, then back to the story. I never did figure out who kill the boy.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Well, her style borders on the macabre (especially her older stuff), and I'm also a fan of Edgar Allen Poe, if I'm going for macabre.
Oh, I might have to try her then! I LOVE Edgar Allen Poe. I even got in a minor debate with my high school English teacher because by my Junior year I had read all of his works as well as a biography or two.
I was upset because Poe was the American father of the Mystery and he wasn't covering anything except his horror writing. Guess I had some moxy to call him on it. LOL

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

LOL! With me, its "Dreamcatcher".....I am still trying to read it~!!!
The Stephen King one? I read that... it took me forever. It started out interesting... then it was a ::censor::censor::censor::and then it was a complete let down. I think King was on drugs.

PS: Don't bother with the movie based on the book either.