Ever heard of this?? Help!!!

jili

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Totally off the topic of the thread here, sorry!

John, I've seen you post here before (I am mostly a lurker, I've learned a lot here) and I've been to Amber's website. Fascinating!

I noticed that you are from the E. side of Cleveland. I grew up in Lyndhurst, though I'm now in Chicago. My family is still all there, however. I really miss the area and would move back in a heartbeat if the opportunity ever presents itself. Whereabouts are you, if you don't mind? Just wondering where that cute bobcat is living.

Jill

innorthernnj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I too have a cat who coughs from purring. I think her's is due inpart to the fact that the happier she is the more she drools caausing her to choke on her saliva. Also she had a long term ear infection prior to her coming to me. It seems that she sustained some permanent damage since she carries her head slightly to one side. This I imagine might cause her some added sensation in the cat version of the ustation tubes - the tube which runs from ear to throat in humans. I know that prolonged ear infections have affected me in this way and the internal sensation causes me to suddenly let out a small choked cough to "scratch the itch" I often feel. This happens most whn my allergies are flaring up or when I am purring loudly-
(just kidding)blue

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jili, Amber and I are glad you enjoyed her site. Amber sends bobcat kisses your way
Wow, Lyndhurst, that is just a 15 minute drive from me. I drive through the Euclid Creek reservation to get to Lyndhurst all the time. I live close to Willowick and and Wickliffe, so that should give you an idea.
As for the purr cough, Aurora no longer does that, thank God. I never really thought it was anything either, until she started to sneeze. I am sure just like anything, there are a few things that can make your cat do that. Aurora's just happened to be the start of a nasty viral infection.

jili

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know Wickliffe/Willowick well--have relatives that live around there, and used to shop in the area. My wedding reception was in Wickliffe, actually. The only thing I don't miss about Cleveland is the snow! We get plenty here but not nearly what Cleveland gets due to the lake effect, at least not in my area of suburbia. Thanks for your reply!