Ever give your cat a bath?

cat lover 1111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

OH yes I bath my kittens well at first the get like crazy and angry but the I dry them in the fluffest towel and it starts to cuddle so cute 
 and then I let them out side drying in the sunlight thats all there just so cute ad cuddly take my edvice bath them every week

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bathe my seniors every month or so. They don't mind baths. I used home made coconut oil soap that I make myself. My partners kitties have never been bathed. Its strange to me since my cats smell so good and don't fight baths since they are so used to it.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi, i wonder , frequent bathing for senior cats may be needed. I read they like us get older joint and can not reach those fumey places. I hope to hv my cat for many years.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone
I realize I have a shy cat. Baths out of the question, right. She would shrink in protest. I have developed a sneaky ( in my mind) why to groom her. I used threats , at first. Now, I hold the brush vertically while she ( on her terms) does that cat rub walk back and forth. So, I guess she thinks it is like a tree. But, she preferred to rub her face on my boney toes. Mind you, I don't have claws for toenails. (Smiles) I can hardly wait to use the Pet Royal with ginger and other natural ingredients. I think I will just damp wipe her paws.

2catminimum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
not my grey kitty, but my main coon is a big girl, and she sometimes gets uh... really gross down there... I try and keep her clean by washing her little butt all the time (and we take her to get a butt shave once in awhile to keep the hair from clumping and... well forming dingleberries..) so I have given her a bath and really, I never seen a cat that likes baths like she does.. well, I take that back... I think she TOLERATES it. 

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have read articles that some cat's ppl have washed them. I did give my GG Maine Coonie a bathe & he just keeps coming back for more. He will come to sit on the closed seat to get a little water face wash. So my lit'l Awssul watched and although she has just started to come to sit on the seat (with a treat reward). She prefers to get her face ( mostly her eyes) washed without water. She has that eye stain and drainage problem. So when she awakens she forgets to wash her face.
I have seen that cats that get a lit'l water in those needed places will start to clean more cause they prefer to stay dry.
But lots of brushing can never replaced as first choice in grooming.

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha I love the Chainmail comment. Agreed!!

My cat [now almost 13] received quite a few baths in her younger years. We would let her outside to wander in our yard and sometimes she would wander a little too far. In Georgia the soil is red so she would come back all different kinds of colors. She would also come back with some critters stuck to her fur. At first, I would actually bath her every time, but because she would scratch us [all people involved b/c it would take 2 people to bathe her] I wanted to find a new way of cleaning her up.

First, I tried kitty wipes that look like baby wipes but I realized that wasn't cleaning her enough. So, I would just get an empty small plastic tub and put her in there. Fill my sink with warm water and get a cup. Pour that over her while cleaning with the kitty wipes. That would freshen her up from the dirt and if there was anything left she would clean it herself. Also, for fleas, I have a really great flea comb. So I would take her to our balcony which is far from the grass, get a cup with water and flea shampoo mixed in it. Then I would take the flea comb and comb the fleas out of her and immediately kill them in the cup. It would take a while, but it always did the trick for me. It mainly worked also because after dipping in the flea shampoo water cup the comb would go back into her fur and treat her.

Now that she's older, she doesn't venture out as much. So, I haven't bathed her in years now. She's not stinky, dandruffy or oily. Just a soft, soft kitty!

lion queen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats were all interested in water... They spend a lot of time in the toilet.. to keep this rated g i'll just say its best to keep the toilet lid down.   It wasn't till I came home from the store and found all three of them in the toilet that I decided to introduce them to the tub by leaving it half full of water.  They don't prefer to be put into a bath and scrubbed down but it's not a death defying experience either.  They only like the tub on their time when they want it.. just like everything else!

skyeyoung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had experienced with adopting teen stray cat and tried to bathe them ended up being unintentionally scratched. So instead of giving them a bath, I used a dampen clean cloth to wipe them clean. On the other hand the current kitten I had, he loves bath and refuse to come out from the water. Which make the bathing time quite enjoyable. xDD  

Last edited: