Ever Feel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for listening, you all are alway's so great and careing, as long as I don't turn you all against me I'm good to go
It really seems to be something we can't get from family sometimes

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed? I have been alot lately, And now I am feeling Defeated
I used to love this time of year when i was a kid, but now after the death of my mother
the familiy has kinda broken apart, None of the kids are close to my father, nor am i.
only one that goes to see him at xmas is me. But why would you, go. You get yelled and screamed out for most of the time you are there. If kids come they are expected just to sit and watch tv not make any sounds, or play..... lol so no being a kid allowed.
so of course non of his grand childen even want to come out there.

I have already said i will work 12 hours on xmas eve and xmas day. the wife cant come back until jan 3 there is no reason to put up with the stuff, and i have no other familiy near here. Most of my friends have left this area years ago. so for me there is no place for me to go.

so along with the health issues i have right now, and some other stuff, some days i really dont feel like there is any reason to get up.

So yea i can understand your feeling here. I really h ope that things work out for you

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed? I have been alot lately, And now I am feeling Defeated
Yes. About 4 years ago I was to a point where I was so overwhelmed by everything that I just felt I couldn't cope. I cried a lot and had what amounted to being panic attacks. If I was in a room with too much going on I just wanted to scream.

I went to my doctor and told him what was happening and how I was feeling, and he prescribed Celexa (an antidepressant). He started me on 20 mg everyday and I quickly saw an improvement but felt there was still room for more. So at my next visit to him I told him that and he increased the dose to 30 mg everyday. It's made such a difference in my life. I no longer feel overwhelmed or stressed out and I'm happier too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is over something that has been going on between my daughters who are grown people not kids. The holidays are full of I'm not coming if she's coming and so on. I don't think they are being fair to me Holidays are something I have done for over 30 years I have had to have 2 seperate Thansgivings and Christmas's the last 3 or 4 years, I'm tried of doing that.
You know what? Stop caving in to their demands. It's your holiday and your house.

Tell them they are both invited and if they want to come that's fine, if not, that's fine too. They are adults and can decide what to do for themselves.

Sorry, but it sounds like they are a couple of spoiled brats and are making your life miserable. Time to put your foot down and end it.

Have one celebration for each holiday and if they don't like it, they can do something else or go somewhere else for their celebration.