Ever Dream Weird Things?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I dreamed that I was the daughter of a mafia boss and someone insulted me so "daddy" had that person killed and chopped up into bits and dumped into a river. Then I had to go to school and someone else insulted me but I didnt believe in violence and I asked "daddy" if I could eke out my own punishment - he let me and so I told the person that he had to buy me lots of colouring pencils.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night i dreamt that my mum was in hospital, and i was telling her that its okay to go to heaven now, and she can have peace because the devil isnt making her drink anymore..I could see her clearly in my head laying down on a hospital bed but she didnt have a drunk face, her hair was brown like when i was little.

What does my dream mean?

Today she has been abusing me and talking alot of S*it by fax and it just makes me want to cry

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Last night i dreamt that my mum was in hospital, and i was telling her that its okay to go to heaven now, and she can have peace because the devil isnt making her drink anymore..I could see her clearly in my head laying down on a hospital bed but she didnt have a drunk face, her hair was brown like when i was little.

What does my dream mean?

Today she has been abusing me and talking alot of S*it by fax and it just makes me want to cry
I think what your dream is telling you is that (I am guessing your mother is still alive and abuses alcohol) is that you want to be free of her and her manipulations. What your dream is trying to tell you is that you are trying to "kill" off communications with her and you are trying to tell her, that its ok for you to assert your independence, and you will know peace if she does die as well. And by dying, you meant leaving her addictions behind and becoming a new person. If your mother stops this drinking and abusing you, then you will probably stop having the dream. Even if she doesnt stop abusing alcohol, and you stop contact with her, chances are the dream will stop also.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Last night I dreamed that I was the daughter of a mafia boss and someone insulted me so "daddy" had that person killed and chopped up into bits and dumped into a river. Then I had to go to school and someone else insulted me but I didnt believe in violence and I asked "daddy" if I could eke out my own punishment - he let me and so I told the person that he had to buy me lots of colouring pencils.
I am not real sure that this dream has an underlying meaning, other than the fact that you got lots of coloring pencils from it!!
However, killing in dreams, represents repressing or stopping some aspect of ones personality. Maybe whoever the father was in your dream had an aspect about him you wanted to change. Hence, why he killed someone who insulted you. Maybe your dream was trying to tell you, it doesnt matter what other people say!!! Kellye, your dreams always entertain me! You are another one who should look into being a writer!

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

One dream that stands out for me even after almost six years is one involving me and the former pastor of my church. Takes place in the basement of the parish school where we, along with a bunch of other people have been taken hostage by terrorists. Because of my military background my pastor gets the idea that somehow I should be the one to stop the terrorists, so he gives me a pill which will cause me to vomit on them. I can remember thinking, "why doesn't he do this himself?" The plan is after I vomit on them, they'll be so distracted that we can get their guns and save everybody. So, I take the pill and vomit on the bad guys. That's when I wake up.

I've always wondered what this meant!
Well, I didnt forget about you! This is the first chance that I have had to post today! Vomit in dreams signify the discharge of feelings and even ideas that we find irritating or poisonous to ones well being. I think the terrorists were that to you. And so you vomited their hatred back at them to stop them, and you did. The pastor represents what you find holy and what is important to you.
Is there something going in your life that could make you feel is threatening your morals? That would be the terrorists, and the vomit represents the fact that you hate what is going on and want to get rid of it. Think about that in conjunction to your dream.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Diane,

I posted earlier about having dreams about the end of the world or dreaming that we thought the world was ending when it wasn't. I've often wondered why I've had this series of themed dreams so I'd like to elaborate a little, if I may.

In the first dream my family and I were in my mothers house when suddenly the world dropped from beneath us. It was sort of like The Wizard of Oz, we were standing there looking out the patio door watching clouds rush by as we fell. There were faces of saints in the clouds (remember that picture from the World Trade Center where it looked like a devil face was formed out of the smoke? It was like that). We knew the world was ending, but I woke up before anything else happened.

One other dream was very long, but ended with me going to dinner at my boss' house (which turned out to be my sister's apartment, again in my mother's house). I was sitting on my nephew's bunk trying to get a cigarette before my mom saw (I never smoked in front of her), but she walked in and sat by me... and then told me to get ready because the world was going to end the next day. I woke up kindof freaked out.

In another dream, I've described before, again with my family in my mother's house and we found lava rising up through the dining room floor on the 2nd story. We were all convinced that the world was ending, and certain that the lava would engulf us and kill us in a very painful way. We were all running around looking in cupboards trying to find sleeping pills to take to kill ourselves with before that happened. Suddenly, "scene change" as I call it, and there was a pastor speaking to a group gathered for our funerals in the driveway of the house talking about what a shame it was we thought the world was ending and killed ourselves. The house was perfectly in tact like nothing had happened.

I had another one a few months ago that was similar to the second one where we knew the world was ending but I didn't stay sleeping long enough to see it happen. They always seem to involve my mother or her house. I had the first one right before the Y2K new year when everyone was afraid something terrible was going to happen, but obviously they continued after. I always wake up scared to death.

My mother died last year, suddenly after complications from heart surgery that had developed years earlier (the complications) but remained undetected until then. I started to wonder if my dreams weren't trying to tell me that, but of course I'm sure they have a more simple meaning.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had this dream that stands out..
I was snooping around someone's house, a big a-frame type of house with an upstairs balcony/loft or something & discovered that someone was home, ready to come after me. I took flight off the balcony, & straight thru their huge window, soaring up into the air, checking my hands & arms for cuts as I went.
Flying is always wonderful. It's more like a "power"- I don't have wings that flap, I just can raise myself up off the ground, or out of water, & go. I'll soar to dizzying heights that used to scare me before I learned to not be afraid of it..alot of my flying dreams involve powerlines-flying around, up & over, or under them.
When the "power" fades, the dream usually goes on to something else.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sooz123

Diane,

I posted earlier about having dreams about the end of the world or dreaming that we thought the world was ending when it wasn't. I've often wondered why I've had this series of themed dreams so I'd like to elaborate a little, if I may.

In the first dream my family and I were in my mothers house when suddenly the world dropped from beneath us. It was sort of like The Wizard of Oz, we were standing there looking out the patio door watching clouds rush by as we fell. There were faces of saints in the clouds (remember that picture from the World Trade Center where it looked like a devil face was formed out of the smoke? It was like that). We knew the world was ending, but I woke up before anything else happened.

One other dream was very long, but ended with me going to dinner at my boss' house (which turned out to be my sister's apartment, again in my mother's house). I was sitting on my nephew's bunk trying to get a cigarette before my mom saw (I never smoked in front of her), but she walked in and sat by me... and then told me to get ready because the world was going to end the next day. I woke up kindof freaked out.

In another dream, I've described before, again with my family in my mother's house and we found lava rising up through the dining room floor on the 2nd story. We were all convinced that the world was ending, and certain that the lava would engulf us and kill us in a very painful way. We were all running around looking in cupboards trying to find sleeping pills to take to kill ourselves with before that happened. Suddenly, "scene change" as I call it, and there was a pastor speaking to a group gathered for our funerals in the driveway of the house talking about what a shame it was we thought the world was ending and killed ourselves. The house was perfectly in tact like nothing had happened.

I had another one a few months ago that was similar to the second one where we knew the world was ending but I didn't stay sleeping long enough to see it happen. They always seem to involve my mother or her house. I had the first one right before the Y2K new year when everyone was afraid something terrible was going to happen, but obviously they continued after. I always wake up scared to death.

My mother died last year, suddenly after complications from heart surgery that had developed years earlier (the complications) but remained undetected until then. I started to wonder if my dreams weren't trying to tell me that, but of course I'm sure they have a more simple meaning.
Hello, Meka! I dont remember seeing your post, but I could have missed it, and I apologize for the oversight. You just might be right about your dreams trying to tell you that your mother didnt have long. I think maybe you felt like it would be the end of the world if your lost your mother. There are three common characters here: your mother, your mothers house, and the end of the world. All are the common themes. Mother's in dreams tend to signify the part of self that knows whats best. Pay attention to the advice she gives you. It can also point to your own maternal instincts. I think that she in your dreams also realized that the world as you know it would "end" when she died. I am going to look more into this, and post back to you when I am not at work. Hang tight! I'll get back to you!

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Me-n-my guys

I had this dream that stands out..
I was snooping around someone's house, a big a-frame type of house with an upstairs balcony/loft or something & discovered that someone was home, ready to come after me. I took flight off the balcony, & straight thru their huge window, soaring up into the air, checking my hands & arms for cuts as I went.
Flying is always wonderful. It's more like a "power"- I don't have wings that flap, I just can raise myself up off the ground, or out of water, & go. I'll soar to dizzying heights that used to scare me before I learned to not be afraid of it..alot of my flying dreams involve powerlines-flying around, up & over, or under them.
When the "power" fades, the dream usually goes on to something else.
Ok...houses represent different things in dreams you, your state of mind, the dwelling place of your soul. In your case, the house is huge, like a mansion, which symbolizes your goals, your grand ideas, and elaborate way of thinking. Snooping or searching generally represents feelings of directionless, maybe a sense of hopeless. Maybe you needed to re-establish some goals, which is what this dream is trying to tell you. Then, you fly. Flying is so common! Flying away represents your ability to break free of Earthly woes, things that bring you down and make you feel heavy. Its the ability to soar to new heights. Its your subconscious giving you a pat on the back for a job well done. These dreams are generally a good sign that you are headed in the right direction.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Several years ago, there was this girl, much younger that me, actively pursuing my s/o. He was not taking the bait at all, but it really got to me. I had this dream during that time. It was so vivid, it was like watching a movie.
All 3 of us were sitting in a mostly empty room, and my stainless steel Ruger GP 100 (357 magnum) was sitting on the table in front of me. They were sitting across from me on the other side of the table. No one was talking, just looking. I picked up the gun, stuck it in my mouth, pulled the trigger, and fell over on to the floor, while they just sat and looked at me, still not talking. I saw the pool of blood spreading out around me, I could feel the life draining, and they got up, held hands, turned their backs and walked away. I woke up, sitting up in the bed looking at my hands, my s/o said I was barely breathing. I literally did not sleep for a week.
I have very vivid dreams all the time, some even happen, but I have never had one that disturbed me so badly. To this day I cannot look at that girl. She gave up on chasing him, and tried to befriend me.
Your dream is very interesting, but yet so common! Suicide in a dream usually illustrates a lack of pleasure in life or have little to live for in a way of satisfaction. It can also point to interiorised anger, where instead of admitting anger, it is destroyed. I think you were angry about it, and it came out in your dream of suicide.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was weird! I dreamed that I went to school and it was not your normal school and we had a giant there. And the giant got upset and jumped in the ocean and caused a tsunami.

Then Jake (my hubby) had to go to his school for an exam - which he is doing right now anyway - and i was sitting in another room waiting for him while he was doing his exam. Then he had another one and I waited in the hall. I noticed I had school stuff with me and so I looked and discovered that I had to be at school to do an exam in 30 minutes! Whoa! And I am sitting there waiting for Jake to finish his exam. Then people started panicking and I could not figure out why and then I learned that it was a fire alarm - oh just a drill, I thought. (I am on the 2nd floor as this is happening) A boy was blocking the door to get out and he laughed and then led us towards the window where a makeshift slide was - like the kind they use for plane crashes - and he got excited and we all slid down it. I waited for Jake - he and I were paging each other and then I looked up and there indeed was a fire on the third floor - and so I had to tell Jake it was no drill, and to please come out.

I looked to my right and saw a volcano erupting. Not lava, just white smoke. Then I woke up.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to know I'm not the only one who has strange dreams. I have them so often friends actually ask to hear them anymore.

Like one time I dreamt I was aboard the Death Star (from the Star Wars Movies), I was visiting a friend who had signed up for some kind of experiment but I wasn't supposed to be there. At any rate, he kept trying to sneak me off the Space Station before I was caught but the only transport looked like a microwave that I would need to be loaded into and beamed off but it was never available so we kept running around the Death Star and hiding.

Another time I dreamt that I went to a fortune teller but when I got there the fortune teller was an ant. Well this giant ant proceeded to tell me the future which included a bowl of oatmeal and cruiseship that was in the bowl of oatmeal and that I shouldn't eat the cruiseship but it was okay to eat the oatmeal.

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

Your dream is very interesting, but yet so common! Suicide in a dream usually illustrates a lack of pleasure in life or have little to live for in a way of satisfaction. It can also point to interiorised anger, where instead of admitting anger, it is destroyed. I think you were angry about it, and it came out in your dream of suicide.
Good heavens... a couple of months I had a dream just like that... In it I would kill myself with a gun to the forehead, with my cousin Vicky trying desperately to stop me, but before she could reach me I had already pulled the trigger. And in the dream the last things were like me falling to the ground and Vicky screaming... I was so scared after that dream I threw up right after I woke up.

Now, the way I had always seen it was that since I suffer from depression and during a particular period of last year I was having suicidal thoughts virtually every day of the week, so I just thought that the whole problems I was having back then were just haunting me around in dreams... any other ideas?

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yoviher

Good heavens... a couple of months I had a dream just like that... In it I would kill myself with a gun to the forehead, with my cousin Vicky trying desperately to stop me, but before she could reach me I had already pulled the trigger. And in the dream the last things were like me falling to the ground and Vicky screaming... I was so scared after that dream I threw up right after I woke up.

Now, the way I had always seen it was that since I suffer from depression and during a particular period of last year I was having suicidal thoughts virtually every day of the week, so I just thought that the whole problems I was having back then were just haunting me around in dreams... any other ideas?
Victor, you could be right, considering that you were depressed (did you/are you on medication for that??) And just for the record...if you ever feel that way, and think you might seriously do that, please, PLEASE seek immediate help. Please. You are too good a person to kill yourself!
Suicide in dreams represents a lot different things. It depends on the contect of the dream. However, suicide in dreams often illustrates a lack of pleasure in life. It can also be a sign of anger that you have held bck, and instead of admitting anger, we destroy parts of our own feelings. It can also depict the suicide of a relationship or business partnership. A lot of what we see in dreams holds a deeper meaning than just whats on the surface. I hope this helps a little, and please, let me know if I can help again.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yoviher

Did you actually die in the dream? If you actually die, it represents a change in your life. It is the displacement of emotions onto the self and representing the coming of a new life.

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

Victor, you could be right, considering that you were depressed (did you/are you on medication for that??) And just for the record...if you ever feel that way, and think you might seriously do that, please, PLEASE seek immediate help. Please. You are too good a person to kill yourself!
Suicide in dreams represents a lot different things. It depends on the contect of the dream. However, suicide in dreams often illustrates a lack of pleasure in life. It can also be a sign of anger that you have held bck, and instead of admitting anger, we destroy parts of our own feelings. It can also depict the suicide of a relationship or business partnership. A lot of what we see in dreams holds a deeper meaning than just whats on the surface. I hope this helps a little, and please, let me know if I can help again.
yes... I am on medication. And don't worry, I haven't been there in a while, and I think I know what to do in such a situation.
Lack of pleasure in life... not at this moment, but anger held back.... that is really present around me.

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Did you actually die in the dream? If you actually die, it represents a change in your life. It is the displacement of emotions onto the self and representing the coming of a new life.
Well, I actually do die in the dream, which was the scary part of it all... But then again... at that period I kind of was coming to grips with a few big things in my life.