Ever done anything you didnt realize was stupid till after you did it?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup. I had just baked some muffins and thought they could do with some chocolate icing. We had no Cocoa so I thought I'd use this similar chocolate drink mix, so I started making the icing - then Mum walked in and said :censor::censor::censor: why are you putting baking powder in the icing? I didn't realise you had to use Icing Sugar!

Talk about dumb blonde

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

And just how much of the bottle did you drink BEFORE you filled the watering can? (He he he)....actually...now that I think of it maybe the watering can would make a great wine glass...probably could down it fast enough you would`nt even miss the music!
I didn't even think of using the watering can as a wine glass.
I must admit the wine had a interesting bouquet to it when I finally got to drink it - waste not, want not!

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my worse time was,we where at a new years eve bash at a bikers club,well i was sooooo drunk i got talked into a *ladies competion* not knowing what i was suposed to do,well i found out i had to stand on a stage and strip off my top haif
and *jiggle*
didnt win but made lots of new friends
never again

amanda8501

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh you mean like on Saturday when i asked someone what type of vodka they wanted in their margarita. Prime example of why a 20 year old shouldnt try to sell alcohol.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'll tell you ONE. It was a looooooooong time ago (but still...
). My friend and I decided we didn't need a guy's help jumping the car. Red MUST be negative, right?

babygirl'sdawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Julianne

This happened a few weeks ago...

I had a particularly hectic day at work and came home exhausted. I remember thinking that I needed to water my pot plants on the patio, and how nice it would be to relax with a glass of wine and listen to some music.

I went into the kitchen and started to fill up my watering can (it's one of those 500ml ones).... with wine

I felt like such an idiot! good thing no one saw me do it!
Perhaps you REALLY needed to relax?

TeeHee.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, so many stories to tell.....

When I was 8, one night I got up for a midnight snack. I crept quietly into the kitchen and slowly opened the freezer door to steal some ice cream. NONE LEFT!! Very annoying. Then I noticed that there was a blob of old ice cream stuck to the inside of the freezer. So I decided to lick it off.....
my tongue got stuck to the inside of freezer.
Too proud to call for help (and get into trouble) I stood like that for some time before mustering up the courage to just yank my tongue free. Ouch! There was a tiny bit of my tongue stuck to the freezer and I went back to bed with the taste of blood in my mouth instead of ice cream!

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to turn on an illegal U-turn in a narrow residential street - on an F150 longbed pickup truck.

Another fine day, while combing myself, I used my hair spray... only when I felt the smell, did I realize I was filling my head with insecticide.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victor, that reminds me of the time I was going to the beach and I thought I'd put some sun screen on - only the day later did I realise that it wasn't sun screen I had put on it was fake tan and I had ugly brown and orange blotches all over my face!

I was only about nine so I still had to go to school, I spent the entire day using my ruler to try and scrape it off!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, well to reply to my original post... It is almost completley healed!!!

Which is both good and bad.
Good, because it means I get to keep my leg, and no doctor visits.

Bad, because since this turned out good, it has encouraged me to perform self-operations more often in the future... had I almost lost my leg because it became infected, I would be less likely to try to fix stuff in the future.

Anyways, just wanted to share the good news!

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Good to hear all is well with the leg.

I was always the kid who would touch anything I was told "don't touch, that's very hot." My poor fingers. As far as saying something stupid, my husband has informed me that Thanksgiving is on a Thursday this year.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i slapped ben across the face and i hadnt realised i had done it it was just a reflex. and the look on his face was so scary

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i slapped ben across the face and i hadnt realised i had done it it was just a reflex. and the look on his face was so scary
It makes you feel really bad, eh?
Once I was taking a particularly rambunctious dog for a walk and it kept grabbing the leash. Then it grabbed my hand and nipped me. I reflexively slapped his mouth away. He stopped and just gave me this look that broke my heart.
I felt so bad about hitting a dog, even though I didn't intend to.

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch
im glad your ok ive got lots of scars from way back while shaving but that was back in the olding days
now that im old my hairs dont seem to grow as fast