Ever been scrached in the face?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, Carlo got me last week while I was brushing him

I find it hurts more on the cheek than when they catch what seems like a more soft piece of skin (mouth etc)

the one that hurt the most was when a cat stuck a claw up my nose

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My worst face scratch was on a day that I was moving years ago. Poor baby was scared and raced through the house, leaped on the sofa arm where I was sitting and tried to cut a diagonal to the back. Unfortunately my face was there. She caught me from the corner of my eye and it extended to my ear. By the time I stood up and got to the bathroom, the blood was hitting the floor.

That was the first time I moved when I had cats. I've gotten wiser since then.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Yes, but that was really my fault.

I was around 8-9 years old and a friend of mine had a really sweet, laidback tabby and white female cat.

I was playing with her and remembered how much fun I found it to be thrown high in the air and then caught again. So I decided that the cat would enjoy it too (I mean I thought it was awesome when it was done to me) and threw her high up in the air. Unsuprisingly the cat got terrified and extended all her claws as she was flying through the air and on the way down she scratched my cheek.

I caught her and she was fine, I was also mostly ok and realised immediately how stupid I'd been.

Needless to say that was the only time I've ever thrown a cat up into the air.
Sorry but that is just Hilarious!. I can just picture you thinking "oh this kitty is so nice. I want her to have the ultimate fun. Yeah, thrown in the air and caught, that is awesome!".

OOPS!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the shelter where I volunteer, I got little sharp feral claws hooked deep into the skin just under my eyes twice in one week. Different cats, too! I took it as a sign that I should wear my glasses when I'm working there...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm from a cat no.
i have a couple of marks from, one where i was to slow and got cut with a knife,lol its the white area in my face furr.
also some cuts from glass.

lol the cats scratchs i have on my arms and stomach are where i get lazy and forget to trim there claws.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Needless to say that was the only time I've ever thrown a cat up into the air.
Wow, that's the best "wrap-up" line ever!

I haven't been scratched in the face, yet (knock on wood!), but a couple of weeks ago, Loki had it in his head that it would be just awesome to bite me on the nose. Hard. Every other day. I'm not sure why he stopped; whether it was because I yelled in pain every time he did it or maybe I just got more cautious.

My sister got scratched a couple of times in the face when we were babies. She has a scar on her upper lip and one on her eyebrow. 2 of the 3 cats my parents had then did not like us at all. The reason my sister got scratched and not me was because I could crawl away from them, and my sister couldn't crawl and just sat there. (She never crawled; one day she stood up and started walking, sometime after the scratching.) I don't know why they scratched her. My sister doesn't remember either at all. In fact, both of us just thought they were natural marks on her face!

Tricia

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosi got me in the eye once. I had to go to A&E to get it seen but they said there was no damage and it was too near the eyeball to put anything on it so I just had a multi coloured eye for a few days. Fortunately he just caught me on the inside of my lower eyelid and didnt' get his claw stuck into my actual eye. I got rather sick of the jokes at work about walking into doors and getting into fights

It wasn't deliberate and my fault really. We were playing hide and seek and Mosi was hiding under the duvet on my bed. I stuck my head under the duvet and said "where's Mosi.." and he showed me with a nice right hook.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

It wasn't deliberate and my fault really. We were playing hide and seek and Mosi was hiding under the duvet on my bed. I stuck my head under the duvet and said "where's Mosi.." and he showed me with a nice right hook.
Sorry but I can't help smiling at that - because I tried that a couple of times with Radar, and he really packs a punch! Fortunately he didn't ever catch me with his claws, but it certainly made my eye water!

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isaac was having a lovely languid yawn/stretch while lying on my chest/neck and his little sharp claw just caught the top of my lip. Man, that smarted for a good week!