Evening visitor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After posting earlier I tried him with some cooked chicken to try and get SOMETHING in him. Nope! I had to leave to go to work so I left some cat food in his kennel with him.
I got in from work about 2 hours ago and went to see how he was doing and he was still in his kennel sleeping and the food hadn't been touched.
When my hubby got in we took him straight back to the vet and after examining him he said that he had a temperature. The vet gave him a shot for the temperature and a shot of antibiotic just in case there was any infection anywhere although his wound is healing beautifully. He is out in our enclosure now actually eating some recovery food. And again we weren't charged for anything.
I can't help but feel like we have turned this poor little boy's world upside down, he was happy before just visiting every day to be fed and saying hello to the girls and now he is sick and in pain!
I just wish I was able to pick him up and give him a big cuddle.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to look at the big picture. He will recover from this infection and will lead a happier and healthier life than if you hadn't neutered and rescued him. Some of my strays snd ferals had a difficult time after neuter or vaccines, but it's a small price for them to pay for a life time of being cared for.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to look at the big picture. He will recover from this infection and will lead a happier and healthier life than if you hadn't neutered and rescued him. Some of my strays snd ferals had a difficult time after neuter or vaccines, but it's a small price for them to pay for a life time of being cared for.
I agree w/ this. I know it sucks to not be able to pick him up & snuggle him. I'm so glad you took him in though, because he couldn't go too long w/o eating, & it causing another issue, that is hard to come back from.

I'm so happy he got the help he needed from the vet. That was very nice to not charge you. (I think I'd be baking him something, & taking it to him w/ a Thank you card
)

I'm sure Mr.White will be feeling much better soon. Sense you can't pick him up & snuggle, maybe just talk sweetly to him while he eats, telling him that you know he hates going to the vet, but you knew he didn't feel well, & wanted to get help, so he could feel better, & that you will always look after him & love him. 

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks guy's. Deep down I know we have done the right thing for him but we have never dealt with a situation like this before. We couldn't have just sat back and done nothing hoping that someone else would take care of things.
I actually do talk to him quite often when he's eating and I think he does like it and I think we have definitely turned a corner with him as he no longer goes to bite us anymore.
I think taking the vet something as a thank you sounds like a good idea, but not my cooking! :lol3:
Well fingers crossed he will now get better and better every day.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guy's. Deep down I know we have done the right thing for him but we have never dealt with a situation like this before. We couldn't have just sat back and done nothing hoping that someone else would take care of things.
I actually do talk to him quite often when he's eating and I think he does like it and I think we have definitely turned a corner with him as he no longer goes to bite us anymore.
I think taking the vet something as a thank you sounds like a good idea, but not my cooking!

Well fingers crossed he will now get better and better every day.
  That's funny!   Yea, It sounds like he has finally gotten that you guys are just trying to help him.  Especially after feeling bad w/ a fever, & feeling better enough to eat again later, after the vet visit. 

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:
Well dispite our best efforts to keep Mr White confined to the enclosure he isn't having any of it!
He still likes to come in for a little social time with us and the girls but after an hour or so he sits at the gate to be let out again. If we ignore him he starts to get agitated and climb the walls meowing and this stresses my two out, a lot. He has bitten my husband again and left two nasty puncture wounds so we have decided to stop trying to keep him confined against his wishes.
My husband has built him a new shelter at the bottom of the garden which is made up of an outer (eating, sheltering) area and a small inner insulated area for sleeping when the weather turns really cold. We have also put a cat flap in the fence so he doesn't have to keep climbing over and dropping down from our high fence. He REALLY likes that!
He now spends most of his time here just comming and going as he pleases and now I think we have reached a happy medium.
Our neighbours always ask how he is as they know we are now looking after him.
We will continue on feeding him and providing him with veterinary care if and when he needs it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good for Mr White, it sounds like he's got the best of both worlds.

He might be more willing to come into the house as time goes on. It took me three years to get my avatar cat, Gin Kun, to accept sleeping indoors every night. I think they appreciate home comforts more as they get older.