Even My Vet Has No Advice- Pee Issue!

AtomeEve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I have a 3 year old lynx point Siamese named Zeus, and we recently got him a very young ragdoll kitten named Finn. Zeus had boredom/aggression issues, and once we got him a playmate, he is once again a model cat. Perfect in every way. And then there's Finn. Finn is about 12 weeks old now, and I can't get him to stop peeing on the carpet.
Here is what I've done so far:
There are three boxes, cleaned daily. Finn pees and poops in all of them. We have used two different litters, and he pees and poops in both kinds. He never poops outside the boxes. Only pee, and only occasionally. Two of the boxes are located over spots I caught him peeing before, to associate the spot with a potty box. I have cleaned all spots I've seen him soil first with vinegar, then with enzyme cleaner.
He is otherwise a normal cat. Eats and drinks well, plays, cuddles. No UTI. I asked our veterinarian for help, and she said that I have already done everything she would suggest. I do think he's much too young for it to be a territorial thing, and that doesn't seem to be an issue. He just has to go, walks over to a random spot on the carpet, and pees. If it's a poop though, he always seeks out a box, so I know it's not location confusion/he can't hold it.

Please help!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AtomeEve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The culprit at hand.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. How long have you had Finn? Has he been peeing on the carpet from the beginning?