Etiquette at cat shows

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez you guys are greedy.....what breed DON'T you want pics of at the upcoming shows this weekend?????

We'll take a few - I want to get some of the agility cats too
And of course Charlie in his cage - I don't like to take pictures in the ring unless they final the cat

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

4 days left!
Nial when are you and Teri heading out? It's a looooong drive.

Oh and I will definitely have my camera!
We're going to leave early friday morning. Jack got his claws trimmed back today. Took 3 vet techs to hold him down.

Yeah, he hates having his nails trimmed, but he's fine with a bath.....go figure.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you had Jack as a kitten? I can't imagine a cat so bad you need the vet tech to do the nails. I've had some hard to clip cats in my past, but never one that I couldn't do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

We're going to leave early friday morning. Jack got his claws trimmed back today. Took 3 vet techs to hold him down.

Yeah, he hates having his nails trimmed, but he's fine with a bath.....go figure.
The funky mind of a Bengal! Have a safe drive!
See you Saturday!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Have you had Jack as a kitten? I can't imagine a cat so bad you need the vet tech to do the nails. I've had some hard to clip cats in my past, but never one that I couldn't do
We got him at 4.5 months and he's been evil about his nails the whole time.
He's very gentle about everything else, but something happened early on with his claws that upsets him to this day. The breeder we got him from, doesn't know or won't tell.
It's ok though, I can deal with that being his only problem area. Just have to pony up the funds for the Vet to trim him up. Since it's such a sore spot for him, I don't want him to look at us as the bad guys.

Bengals are extremely strong cats, so if they don't want you to do something, they often win that battle, unless you call in re-inforcements. Jack is 16 pounds of muscle and has experience in evading claw clipping, so he is really a challenge.

I won't lie, I secretly enjoy the fact that he's powerful enough to cause 3 vet techs trouble with the trimming, then when it's over he forgives them by purring and giving them a little love.

Even with his stubborness about the nail trimming, he's a favorite at the Vet's office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Bengals are extremely strong cats, so if they don't want you to do something, they often win that battle, unless you call in re-inforcements. Jack is 16 pounds of muscle and has experience in evading claw clipping, so he is really a challenge.
Nial, that is so true!!!!!!!! It amazes me how strong Takoda is even as little as he is. I'm blessed that he will sleep through nail trims with out a peep. But pick him up and try to carry him, is so not going to happen.

Which doesn't bother me at all because I just ask him to go where I want him to go and he will normally lead the way.

He is such a snuggle bug as long as you are sitting down.