Many stay healthy vibes and prayers for him
I also had a Father Jim in my life when I was a child, he was wonderful

I think your friend is right, let people help you if they want, you deserve it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your wonderful advice!

I loved so many of your ideas. I sent him a thank you card yesterday, with a cute story of Joshua and cake and a blurb about Josh coming over to share cake with him afterward.

Coincidently enough, I got a phone call today from the bakery. Turns out they want to donate the cake! I was so surprised and touched. So tonight, we get another phone call from Fr. Jim regarding the cake, I thanked him for the gracious offer, but told him about the bakery. He reiterated that he wanted to do something for Joshua and ended up bringing over a gift certificate (I think I told you we live right across the street from the church).

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know I appreciated your wonderful advice. Josh has been excited for his party for weeks now, and the closer it draws near, and the more things I get finalized, I am getting excited too. It should be a wonderful day. Let's just wish for clear skies - according to the weather channel, it's not *supposed* to rain until Sunday. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again guys!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So what I really want to know is, can I get a piece of cake???

It is so wonderful to hear how many amazing people you have around you!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Coincidently enough, I got a phone call today from the bakery. Turns out they want to donate the cake! I was so surprised and touched. So tonight, we get another phone call from Fr. Jim regarding the cake, I thanked him for the gracious offer, but told him about the bakery. He reiterated that he wanted to do something for Joshua and ended up bringing over a gift certificate (I think I told you we live right across the street from the church).
That is so wonderful when the community comes together for someone! Joshua and your whole family is well loved. What a precious gift. Definitely get a pic of the cake and post it for everyone to see! We're all going to be there in spirit on Sunday.