Estranged Daughter Question ?????

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you, I do think that you are doing the right thing too.

And I do think that you are truley thinking about your grandchildren and what is best for them. I hope you stick to your guns about your daughter, she will never learn responsibility until people make her.

Please keep us posted on how things are going.

I will keep sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and your wife and of course for those precious little children.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sound like a wonderful person, i cant understand how you created such a monster!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

You sound like a wonderful person, i cant understand how you created such a monster!
Neither can I, but things happen I guess.

It sounds like they have always loved her, no matter what, and that is the way that it should be. She has just never been made to be accountable for her actions.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My first question is "why does the father need food stamps?" If he isn't looking after the kids, why can't he get a job and feed himself. I'm wondering if he is pressuring her or threatening her, as he wants the stamps out of laziness. Her reaction makes me think something is up. If you approach her do it with love and acceptance. Perhaps she could move back in with you, share your stamps and meet a new man who works. It sounds like once you and your wife have gained your diplomas you will be back at work and she could live with you, get help with the kids and work towards getting her own job. It sounds like this could have a happy outcome, if the father got out of the way and stopped requesting food stamps, etc.
Your daughter will eventually realize the love and help that her parents are willing to give and come back. I mean you haven't done anything wrong! You haven't criticized her life decisions, right? Your just there for her. Show your support for her future and this may help to bring her back and ease her anger.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Your daughter sounds very immature, I'm sorry to say, so your grandchildren really do need you. Does West Virginia have grandparents' visiting rights? Some states actually do. My eldest niece's father refused to allow his parents access to her after his divorce from my sister, and they took him to court. The legal proceedings started in Pennsylvania, and were continued in Florida, where they'd moved, and they managed to obtain the right to see her for a minimum of 14 days a year. He pulled the same thing on his second wife, my niece's stepmother and a PA resident, after their divorce. That dragged on for so long that my niece reached the age of 13, and was legally allowed, under PA law, to decide herself whom she could visit. Good luck to you!