Enzyme Cleaner?

kysa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We recently purchased a house that has one corner of a room where urine has been sprayed on the wall...so has anyone had good luck using an enzyme cleaner that works. We then will paint over it with a sealer than paint. Thanks.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I personally use Urine Off, but I've heard good things about Nature's Miracle as well.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TCS is sponsored by a a company that makes pet mess cleaning products. There's a banner ad at the top of the forums you can click on to go to the company web site. I have never used any of the products so I can't say how well they work.

I use Nature's Miracle.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
One thing to be aware of is that urine can seep through to drywall if it's not cleaned up in a timely matter. When that happens, using a sealer can make the odor worse unless you treat the drywall or plaster as well. "Treat the dry wall" can mean "remove the dry wall" if the problem is severe enough.

I think I would wash the wall with one of the enzyme cleaners, such as Nature's Miracle (I've had success with this) and then double check with a black-light to make sure there is no urine left on the wall. I'd then leave it open to the fresh air for a few days just to check for any residual odor coming from the dry wall. Hopefully, just treating the wall will be enough but if you do find the drywall is affected, you may need to cut the drywall out and replace it. Although I've never done this myself, I've seen others do it and it doesn't look that complicated. There are several Youtube videos that give instructions for drywall repair, if you haven't done it before.

Fingers crossed that the enzyme cleaner does the trick! :crossfingers: