Environmental friendly and cat safe litter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone happen know the best eco friendly and feline safe litter? I've been using Cat Magic clumping clay litter because it said it was natural and it left the ground fertile and that it was safe on cats but found out the manufacturers we're one of the worlds leading bentonite clay producers, (not good). I also read that the bentonite clay has silica, a carcinogen, and that clumping litter when ingested through grooming can be a serious health risk. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The problem with that stuff for me is that it is super brittle therefore dusty, too expensive, and it only lasts a couple of weeks.

heavens7thstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We use Pine pellets. Its great and not too expensive. When they pee in breaks up. Not bad on the dust at all! I have severe asthma and im fine with it. It also covers up the scent very well and is easy to scoop. You only want to put about an inch to an inch and half in though, cuz once they pee in it a few times the pellets ddisenigrate. Also SUPER easy to clean! No need for liners. It literally all dumps out. Best part... Its pine! All natural.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ya I have some walnut based stuff. It does the same thing, it breaks up when it comes in contact with liquid. Your supposed to shake it so the pellets end up on top. I seen a lot of people talking about the pine pellets on the internet, I think I’ll try it. I just didn’t like the fact that the disintegrated stuff soiled with her pee gets dug up and stepped on, then she walks all over the place with it.