'Enterprise' and Star Trek Cognoscenti, Welcome!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, good question. Maybe that's why he only needs one bottle!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so behind! I'm just watching this episode now!

I got a big kick out of the fantasy about T'Pol (where IS Mr. Cat when it would be so easy to tease him!). "Who's Stinky? You were talking in your sleep" Uh, yeah, hmm . . . lol

Malcolm is still a little proper, but I feel kind of bad for him. He just didn't connect with anybody in his family, that form letter to all those girls, and he seems to feel more attached to the rest of the crew than any of the others are yet (except the ones who knew each other before this assignment).

I appreciate that Trip is supposed to be American, but in this episode he borders on trailer trash. Meatloaf, Superman, slightly crude language (saved our a$$es), slightly naive. I mean, he's an officer, isn't he? He might not read Ulysses for recreation like Mr. Euro-snob did, but he must be at least a little educated.

I liked it though, fun episode, esp. when Malcolm actually did wake up on the Enterprise.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to phaser this thread out of the pile, due to a couple of weeks of reruns.

The "Fusion" episode last night was a good one. Lots of food for thought, especially that the mind meld technique was not always such a widely used and accepted procedure. Hmm, wonder how it gained acceptance, when the renegade band obviously never did, as evidenced in later Trek projects? This is the 2nd or 3rd time when Vulcans have been portrayed as less enlightened than in later Trek. That earlier Suliban episode, where T'Pol comments how Vulcan scientists have dismissed the existence of time travel comes to mind.

At any rate, soooo glad to see that T'Pol as an individual is being developed ever so slowly and meticulously. The hints at her continually-forming attachments to the ship and the crew are well played.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so behind in my viewing! I have 4 episodes stacked up on the Tivo and I just can't seem to concentrate. But at least I won't have to share the tv any more at night, so maybe I'll get to post something in the next week or so . . .

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sub title on this episode should have been "No means no". Was this the equivilant of Vulcan rape? I feel that they have had good pacing in the character development lately. I think they are doing an especially good good with T'Pol, which they weren't at the beginning.

I enjoyed the Vulcan who Trip was working with - there was an innocence about him & a genuine interest in the humans.

I am not looking forward to the end of the season & having a whole summer without the crew. Any idea when the season ends?

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm . . .

I don't seem to have that episode, or maybe I'm just that far behind.

I don't know the title, but the last episode I watched was the one where Trip reads T'Pol's letter and the Vulcans observe the crew drilling on an asteroid.

I loved the bit where they answer the school children's "letter". How fun! Kind of like when the shuttle astronauts do link-ups to classrooms.

Malcolm is so fascinated by T'Pol, but she seems to have made a connection with Trip. Remember the pecan pie on her table at the end?

I did not care for the Vulcan captain at all, what was his name? Banek? I know that was the point. But I felt like Captain Archer overreacted a little. I think by the time a guy reaches that level of responsibility, he's learned a few things about keeping his temper. In fact, I know that, because I have an uncle who was a lifer in the Air Force and after 20 years he was still only a Master-Sergeant because he kept shooting his mouth off. So I think he would have been a little more controlled than he seemed to be by the perceived rudeness of that Vulcan captain.

I also liked that Malcolm and Travis had some fun with that snowman. Malcolm still seems a little, prim I guess, so it was fun to see him being whimsical.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did any one watch the new episode last night. I am not sure if I liked this one too much. I am not liking Archer too much - he seems too naive. I did like the concept of shape shifting wraiths though.