Entered my girls in a show (HHP)--more questions

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Actually its pretty easy if the cats you are showing are in the same class (kitten, adult, alter, or HHP). Its when you have 2 or more in different classes. Say you are showing one pedigree kitten, one pedigree alter, and one in the HHP's...............then talk about "nerve racking". That's when you need two people so one can handle one, the other can handle the other.

At our last show, we were helping our friend. I was mainly taking Jack up to the kitten classes, and our friends were showing adult champions with Ocicat and Cornish Rex. My husband kinda got roped into getting the one Rex up to the ring while his owner took the other Rex. We would wind up being in 2 rings at the same time and it was hard to watch what each cat was doing.
Oh okay, now that sounds like a dog show when showing more than one breed. Do I understand correctly though that any one cat may be shown in more than one ring (before more than one judge per day?)? That's what I was thinking of. Which would make it a lot more bang for the buck (more opinions per entry fee?!)! Is that so? Thanks for all the info!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most shows have anywhere from 4-8 rings for the weekend. Most all shows will have 4 or maybe 5 rings on one day and the same for the next.

ACFA and TICA consider Saturday and Sunday as two "shows" since you can attend one day only or go for the entire weekend. Its cheaper to show both days then to show one. CFA requires you to attend Saturday and Sunday and splits the 6 or 8 rings in half; I've seen a few one day only CFA shows with 6 rings.

If you figure an entry to be $48 for 8 rings, its only $6 per ring!

When you show, you show once under every judge listed. In CFA they sometimes have a few rings less in HHP's and the cost would be a little lower. I feel that HHP's are just as good as pedigree cats and should have the same number of rings - CFA is the only one that does this from time to time, so read the flyer if you are showing HHP's.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Most shows have anywhere from 4-8 rings for the weekend. Most all shows will have 4 or maybe 5 rings on one day and the same for the next.

ACFA and TICA consider Saturday and Sunday as two "shows" since you can attend one day only or go for the entire weekend. Its cheaper to show both days then to show one. CFA requires you to attend Saturday and Sunday and splits the 6 or 8 rings in half; I've seen a few one day only CFA shows with 6 rings.

If you figure an entry to be $48 for 8 rings, its only $6 per ring!

When you show, you show once under every judge listed. In CFA they sometimes have a few rings less in HHP's and the cost would be a little lower. I feel that HHP's are just as good as pedigree cats and should have the same number of rings - CFA is the only one that does this from time to time, so read the flyer if you are showing HHP's.
That is really wonderful!!!! Way more bang for the buck. Sometimes dog showing feels like this: got ready for weeks, grew coat out, worked on quirks, got the right outfit, bought a new x-pen, this that and the other...drove six hours each way............then had our two minutes in the ring..and got dumped! And then it was over! LOL!!!! That's a bit of exaggeration...at least there are clusters (however there's an entry fee EACH DAY for ONE ring!)...so if one day stinks the next day may be your day to win...but I sure like the odds with several rings a day! I'm likin' that!!
I'm also glad to hear the positive attitude towards the non-pedigree cats! This sounds like something I could really, really enjoy and get into!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should show in HHP.
My friends do and love it.
Sometimes there is not enough cats and they cancel HHP.
They did that last time and my friend was disappointed.
You have a picture of the cat you want to show in HHP.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

You should show in HHP.
My friends do and love it.
Sometimes there is not enough cats and they cancel HHP.
They did that last time and my friend was disappointed.
You have a picture of the cat you want to show in HHP.
Hi, she is pictured here in this thread...Wellington posted her for me on the first page: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198746

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a great time at the show in Tucson. It was a 1-day show with 6 rings. HHP's were shown in all rings, so it was a pretty busy day. There were 25 entries in the HHP category! Some of them had been in so many shows the judges knew them by name. Anyway, my girls were up against some great competition. I posted their results in a new thread here.

Cali was absolutely terrified. I think she has prettier markings than Iris, but she will not be going to any more shows. I just can't put her through that again.

Goldy got 10th Best Cat in one ring, and Iris made 4 top ten finals. She ended up with two 10th Best ribbons, one 9th Best, and one 8th Best.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I had a great time at the show in Tucson. It was a 1-day show with 6 rings. HHP's were shown in all rings, so it was a pretty busy day. There were 25 entries in the HHP category! Some of them had been in so many shows the judges knew them by name. Anyway, my girls were up against some great competition. I posted their results in a new thread here.

Cali was absolutely terrified. I think she has prettier markings than Iris, but she will not be going to any more shows. I just can't put her through that again.

Goldy got 10th Best Cat in one ring, and Iris made 4 top ten finals. She ended up with two 10th Best ribbons, one 9th Best, and one 8th Best.
AWESOME!! Congrats!
I'm going to keep socializing Gigi..taking her places, let trustworthy people handle her, etc....hopefully she'll have the right 'tude for show!
She is a very outgoing and friendly kitten.