Ensure for Cats

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a former feral with a host of health issues who begs for milk, which I give her, but it gives her the runs. She has a partially severed tongue which is why I think the milk appeals to her - it's got protein, and it's "drinkable". I've offered the kitten replacement milk but she won't drink it. I've blended wet food with water, which she'll drink but I'd love another option. Has anyone found anything with lots of nutrition and calories that's a liquid ? Thanks.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They do sell Catsure. Chewy has it.
PetAg CatSure Complete Meal Replacement Supplement, 4-oz jar - Chewy.com

I've just always used chicken baby food. Sometimes add a splash of cream if the cat tolerates it. I've also used this mixed in, cats seem to like the flavor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BKVRPQ/?tag=thecatsite

Are you using the liquid KMR or reconstituted powder? I think adult cats like the liquid better. Might work, and might be easier to find locally than Catsure.
Really appreciate it. I saw the replacements but wanted to hear from someone that had used them. Most had pretty poor ingredients. I'm going to give your baby food idea a shot. And I believe it was the KMR liquid I tried.