Engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little story sent to me

Wouldn't it be great if we could all live our lives this way.

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an arguement, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything wrote in the sand: "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE."

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.

After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:
TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE."
The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him,
"After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?" The other friend replied: "When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase
it away, but when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

It'd be great if we could all learn to write our hurts in the sand and our benefits in stone; we'll all be a better people for it!

I loved this one!

Love,
Cat

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AMEN to that....Carrying around all the slights..real or percieved is too hard on ourselves,but in today's world trust is something hard to give. We can hold on to the hurts without even realizing the weight we are building up. Over the years I built up quite a store..without really realizing it I was pulling away from the people around me. I EXPECTED to be hurt..therefore I didn't allow people into my life. Then I met a very special lady..it took awhile,but she gave me the time I needed. She gave me back my hope and dreams...and she freed my heart. For this and so much more she has my eternal thanks and love.

Thank you Barb...I LOVE YOU!!
And THAT is surely engraved in granite.

G

ghostuser

Thank you Wayne! I love you too honey.
Just dont know quite how to answer such a sweet post. But I have an idea hon... next time I am up there maybe we could do just that...engrave our love in the stone of the cliff? Love ya honey!!!

Meme

G

ghostuser

Catarina,
I did that. I wrote in stone.

It said:
"Good friends are hard to find....I'm glad I found you." It was too heavy to mail to you, so when I see you. I will give it to you!!!

Loretta

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

:laughing2:laughing2

I could just picture you doing that! :laughing2...thanks Loretta, that was so sweet of you!
:heart2

By the way, I'd hand one right back to ya

Love ya,
Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.