Ended up in the oncoming lane

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Because I was silly and made a sharp turn at an intersection on a road full of snow that hasn't been plowed by the city yet.

The other cars stopped in time, and a couple of drivers got out to see if I was drunk okay.

I'm trembling so hard right now. lol.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad that you're OK! That happened to our son two years ago. But he got t-boned when a car couldn't stop in time. He was OK, but the poor car was totaled.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is frightening, glad you're ok.  I had that happen during a snowstorm years ago - got off at a ramp from the Parkway, and the car spun around as I made the turn.  Luckily, nobody else got off the ramp behind me, so I had the time to get the car the right way again.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad you are okay. I know those kinds of experiences can be scary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm glad that you're OK! That happened to our son two years ago. But he got t-boned when a car couldn't stop in time. He was OK, but the poor car was totaled.
Ack.

Visibility was sort of low, but there were several cars (instead of deserted where drivers are more likely to drive faster) , so everyone was driving slowly and they all stopped in time. Made the turn and the car just wheeeeeeee-d into the other lane. Must have looked awesome from the outside though.

Last edited:

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you didn't get hurt or injured others.  Yeah driving in the snow is totally different then driving on dry roads.  People with 4-wheel drive think they are safer but from the accidents I've heard about  involving 4-wheel drive, they are not safe at all either in the snow...and of course nobody is safe driving on ice.