End of life care suggestions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rthompson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has been on steroids and antibiotics. He has gained a little weight but all his blood work points to DRY FIP. So we are keeping him happy and well fed and will return to vet in March to get one more blood draw to see his levels again. Just trying to enjoy the time we have left with him.

rthompson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are not going to try and do the experimental drug PI we just can not due the 300$ a month cost right now. It was a hard decision.

rthompson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't get the second opinion because I posted his detailed blood work on a site specifically related to FIP and everyone was in agreement that all signs point in that direction. Thanks for checking back and your support :) I appreciate it very much.

rthompson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to say sorry I haven't posted. I'm a nursing student, my bedroom flooded on thurs and had to rip floor out so bedroom is currently in living room a AND my son swallowed a coin and wouldn't stop vomiting and we had to take him to ER today to have X-ray done (he is fine should pass through he stopped throwing up). So I've been busy is an understatement!

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say sorry I haven't posted. I'm a nursing student, my bedroom flooded on thurs and had to rip floor out so bedroom is currently in living room a AND my son swallowed a coin and wouldn't stop vomiting and we had to take him to ER today to have X-ray done (he is fine should pass through he stopped throwing up). So I've been busy is an understatement!
Oh my goodness. You have had a lot to deal with. Certainly no need to apologize .. Hope your son is doing okay.

I am so sorry to hear that the diagnosis of dry FIP has more or less been confirmed. Many of us were so hopeful with you that it could be something else. At least he has put a little weight back on, and is hopefully feeling a lot better after the course of antiobiotics and steroids.

Taz is such a sweet-looking kitty. I hope you can enjoy some really nice time together in the next while. Please let us know things go with Taz and how you are making out. Take good care.

Last edited: