Enclosing kittens in an area help needed

MojoChicken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I looked and didn't find anything specific to my situation, but if there is one can someone please link it for me?

I am fostering four ~7wo fairly healthy stray kittens. We live in a house that is basically one large room (currently undergoing a renovation) so I am having a tough time figuring out how to safely contain them. We also have 2 cats of our own. Lastly, we have a feral (in a metal crate) in the one room with a door that we are trying to socialize.

Currently the kittens are in 2 pop-up playpens - the doggy doors are binder clipped open allowing them to run through - but they need more space to romp.

Any suggestions for how to temporarily enclose a room? I've looked at deer mesh, baby gates, dog gates, draping plastic sheeting. The room I would like to enclose has a regular door width (currently framed out and prepped for paint but pocket door not installed yet) and ~15' wall to wall open area. I've attached a drawing. I don't want to nail anything into the walls since they are prepped for paint.

I may just get another pop-up playpen and condo them all together, but wanted to hear the hive's input to see if anyone has a creative solution.

Thank you very much :)

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MojoChicken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow that shoji screen/closet-ziptied-shelving thing may work. I will research how much and how long they are. Thank you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The feral may need more room than a crate too. What are your plans? It’s not ideal for any cat to live in a crate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MojoChicken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are talking with our local TNR community that are advising us on her. Did you have any thoughts on my kitten dilemma?