Emu meat bone organ ratio ??

furbulousbunz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ordered some emu from My Pet Carnivore. How would I figure out the meat organ bone ratio?? I know they say in their website that I don't need to supplement or do anything with the meat, but I've heard elsewhere that I probably would, as cats have different nutritional needs than dogs. And I know from Hare Today's website that chicken and turkey are more like 27% bone, so I need to add some meat to dilute the bone...correct?

Would it be best to email MPC and ask? I couldn't find it on their website.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I ordered some emu from My Pet Carnivore. How would I figure out the meat organ bone ratio?? I know they say in their website that I don't need to supplement or do anything with the meat, but I've heard elsewhere that I probably would, as cats have different nutritional needs than dogs. And I know from Hare Today's website that chicken and turkey are more like 27% bone, so I need to add some meat to dilute the bone...correct?

Would it be best to email MPC and ask? I couldn't find it on their website.
Yes, you need to find out from MPC what the ratio is, then feed the correct ratio for cats,  I guess this is not already ground up?   The thoughts are that if it's GROUND, you DO need to add supplements, and if it's prey model, then you probably still need to add in some Omega 3's and egg yolks once in awhile.  Well, some people feel that way anyway.  Are you planning on feeding ONLY emu?  Most people feed at least three proteins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furbulousbunz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's already ground, and I usually feed at least 3 proteins, if not more. 

Thanks for the response.