Emma, Mac & Grace

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Inspired by Juicy's Summer Thread we went to Target today and made a purchase.

Mac went out first. . .

He's very, very nervous as he hasn't spent much time AT ALL outside.

I think Grace enjoyed herself. . .

Emma hasn't had a turn yet. I have a feeling she won't like it much.

What makes matters a little trickier is that we've got dogs in most of the yards surrounding us. All of them bark except for the HUGE black lab puppy that obviously does not know what a cat is!

Thanks, Lacey & Juicy, for the inspiration.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw!!! What sweet pictures!!! Mac does look nervous. Grace, on the other hand, probably remembers the feeling quite well.

Great pictures, Amie. I feel proud to have inspired you!
I really want to come over again sometime soon to see the kitties!!!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys. Mac went out again last night but when the mosquitos came out we went back in. Grace got a turn this afternoon. She's really pretty laid-back outside - just nibbles at the grass and makes chirping noises at the birds. Emma still hasn't gone out. She's never been around when we've been taking turns. She sleeps alot. . .

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw! i can't wait to see Grace again ( and the rest of your crew).

Grace enjoyed the outdoors when she lived on BF's farm for a while...just don't count on her to catch mice for you!!!

She caught one once and barely put it in her mouth, dropped it and shook her head like she was disgusted!
She pushed it with her foot a couple of times, then walked off, uninterested. It was hilarious!!!

What a sweetie!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can you see the bunny?

Now can you see the bunny?

Grace can see the bunny!

(That's a pillow hanging from the tree. It went to scout camp with my son and HAD to be aired out!
)

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw!!! The bunny blended in well in the first picture! I'll bet Grace would have loved to *play* with it!

about the pillow!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could have captured the three of them "stalking" a stray ant that wandered across the floor this morning. They reminded me of the big cats in Africa.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's a hilarious visual!!! I crack up enough as it is when I watch Juicy stalk something. I can only imagine 3 cats sitting together *plotting* on it!!!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Grace LOVES going outside. She doesn't squirm anymore when I put the harness on b/c she knows she's going outside. She looks around slowly and smells and nibbles at things. We usually don't stay out too very long.
Usually a dog will come into her field of view from a fenced yard next door.
This evening it was firecrackers going off in the neighborhood.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amie, those pictures are SOOOO cute! I especially love the last picture. She looks so sweet and innocent in that picture!!! I love Grace sooooo much!!! Juicy looks so much like his momma!!!

Thanks for posting new pictures, Amie! I always love it when you do!!!

Will you be watching the fireworks at the river this evening?

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Lacey. I thought you'd like those. I'm writing this at about 9:15 pm and am glad I am NOT at the river as it is now raining! Enough folks in our neighborhood shoot off their own fireworks that we've been known to sit out in the front yard and enjoy a pretty good show. The big show at the river is awesome, however. Are you there/did you go?

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was up on Reitz hill at a friend's house. There were SOOOO many people up there, because the view is amazing! It was a lot of fun, and the show was great!!!

It did pour for about 30 minutes though, but people quickly set back up afterwards and re-started the show!!!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend

Grace LOVES going outside. She doesn't squirm anymore when I put the harness on b/c she knows she's going outside. She looks around slowly and smells and nibbles at things. We usually don't stay out too very long.
Usually a dog will come into her field of view from a fenced yard next door.
This evening it was firecrackers going off in the neighborhood.

I wanted to add that when Grace does get spooked by a noise or something she makes a bee-line right for the door to the house. It makes me feel good to know she recognizes our home as her safe haven.

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Ryan. Actually she was EATING the flowers more than she was smelling them.