emergency!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they all did but the other one died because this morning it didnt want to eat i tried to get it to and i kept it warm but i guess they just dont all make it sometimes :/ anf i just got rice at the dollar store

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sigh. How much milk are the other two actually drinking?

Do they take it well? Are they peeing and pooping?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear another one passed on.

Were you able to contact any of the rescues or shelter @Kat0121 found?  Even if they are full, they may be able to help with supplies and some hands on help.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear this, I had a feeling after seeing the video clip.

The other 2 should not die! They are very actively moving/climbing each other, but you must be sure they are warm and eating enough.

I am sure the others went too long without enough good kitten formula to live and grow.

Kittens are at an incredible speed of growth right now, in the first 2 weeks their weight doubles from birth weight, etc. so there is not much room for them to go without or not enough of the proper milk made for kitten's needs.

Now you know what you must do for these other 2.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes they all did but the other one died because this morning it didnt want to eat i tried to get it to and i kept it warm but i guess they just dont all make it sometimes :/ anf i just got rice at the dollar store
I presume you have NOW the kmr, even if its Hartz?

Or at least, the home made glop I skissed?

Because we talk the whole time about milk here milk there, but you dont tell clear cut its a kmr now, not longer the soya milk.

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes i got the kmr yesterday afternoon thats what theyve been drinking and i gwas giving them each pedialyte yeah these 2 are really active they've been keeping warm they've been drinking almist the whole bottle today lastnight it was alittle less but they're starting to eat more again :)

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And they have been going pee they poop but not every time after they eat its about every 2-3 times they eat

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everytime they eat i mix some in the kmr ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use the pedialyte to mix the KMR with instead of water, otherwise the milk is too diluted.

They don't have to poop after every single meal. Just make sure they go.

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats what ive been doing they pooped it was alittle runny but they should be good the color changed to brown before it was like a dark yellow brown theyre doing really good theyre eating alot :)

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes im going to keep one and give the other to my neice or keep both :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They should really stay together if possible, especially the first three or four months. They will play together and become best friends.

Their poop should firm up once they get used to the milk. It should be the consistency of toothpaste.

I'm glad to hear they are eating a lot. They will need kitten chow and wet food when they begin to wean eventually, but they're not there yet :).

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know ima wait until they dont look like a tiny kitten cx and i know ive been using warm cloth to get them to go too the bathroom, i figured that would happen because the color was like a weird yellow and then after i started giving them the other milk it turned brown x)
I know right im so happy theyre getting chubby :D

ms cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Really good theyre eating at every time heyre supposed to i have alarms set for each time :) theyre staying warm and clean :)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear those two are doing well. Keep doing as you have been and it should go well. It really does make all the difference when they are kept warm and fed on schedule.