Emergency!!!!!

sreese5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My prayers are with your kitty. You are doing a great job. Maybe he ate a toxin when outside. I don't understand why vet didn't hospitalize him? God bless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My prayers are with your kitty. You are doing a great job. Maybe he ate a toxin when outside. I don't understand why vet didn't hospitalize him? God bless.
Thanks. That means a lot to me. I think so too because I saw some white stretchy stuff in his poop two days ago. His bm are normal now. I'm just glad and relieved that he's recovering. :woohoo:

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay! That's amazing news! Keep us updated and maybe post some photos now that he's doing better?! 

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will definitely keep you guys updated and post some pictures too. He's napping right now :D very peacefully!

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's one...

When he couldn't walk and was having those spasms, he was not sleeping this way. In fact he barely slept. He was either on his side or on all fours. Now look at him! Lol :D

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of the toxins it takes to kill worms (vs. bacteria), I can understand why the vet wouldn't worm him.  But I'm thrilled to read such a great update!  Maybe he had an electrolyte imbalance?

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my, he is precious! He looks like some sort of a cross between a black cat and a tabby with those markings. 

He looks so happy, he is lucky to have you. 

More speedy recovery vibes to the little guy! 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, he is precious! He looks like some sort of a cross between a black cat and a tabby with those markings. 

He looks so happy, he is lucky to have you. :rub:

More speedy recovery vibes to the little guy! :vibes: :vibes:

My understanding is that all cats have the tabby gene - it's just whether it's "turned on" or "turned off." So in solid (all but non-white???) cats, you can see the tabby markings hiding in the right light - most usually on the tail. NOT SURE - but pretty sure. :lol3:

braysnaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You crammed 2-3 days worth of symptoms into a 15 minute appointment.  She can only offer an educated guess.  

You and your sister know his symptoms, what he tolerates, his likes/dislikes, what helps, and what doesn't.   

Gather your thoughts and the information from others.  List your concerns, tests you'd like done; and how far you're willing to go to help him keep fighting!   

Take control of the appointment and make her follow your lead.    Have you given thought of a second opinion?

Maybe your sister could go with you?  We can easily get overwhelmed when so much is going on.  

I wish I could offer more.  Dodge sends kitty hugs and I send healing thoughts and hope your questions are answered.  

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:rbheart:quote name="AlyssaM" url="/t/281854/emergency/30#post_3592171"]Oh my, he is precious! He looks like some sort of a cross between a black cat and a tabby with those markings. 

He looks so happy, he is lucky to have you. :rub:

More speedy recovery vibes to the little guy! :vibes: :vibes:
[/quote]

Thanks Alyssa, we appreciate that so much ! :rbheart:

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You crammed 2-3 days worth of symptoms into a 15 minute appointment.  She can only offer an educated guess.  

You and your sister know his symptoms, what he tolerates, his likes/dislikes, what helps, and what doesn't.   

Gather your thoughts and the information from others.  List your concerns, tests you'd like done; and how far you're willing to go to help him keep fighting!   

Take control of the appointment and make her follow your lead.    Have you given thought of a second opinion?

Maybe your sister could go with you?  We can easily get overwhelmed when so much is going on.  

I wish I could offer more.  Dodge sends kitty hugs and I send healing thoughts and hope your questions are answered.  
Hi, thanks for chiming in. His symptoms started on the day of the appointment. It was supposed to be regular visit to make sure he's fine before i introduce him to the rest of the family. I don't think I saw any signs that indicated things might go down this road. We only knew him for day and half when I brought him in to the vet so i really didnt know much about him either, except that he looked very frail.

I do agree with you about doing your own homework and getting informed as much as possible. I learned that the hard way after losing my beloved cat Luna. That's why when the vet was telling me that I'm wasting my money requesting additional tests and services, i ignored her. How could i just put him to sleep without giving him a chance? So I requested the subcutaneous fluids for him as well as a dewormer and other blood tests.

Right now, he's doing so much better. We've been just feeding him quality food and giving him pedialyte...he's now running around and jumping and playing. He's not 100% just yet but he's on his way to full recovery, which leads me to think it was most likely malnourishment. I did mention this to the vet that it's possible his problem is brought on by malnourishment and she didn't agree. She said she's seen cats weaker and they didn't have the neuromuscular symptoms he was having. I went home with a heavy heart but i didn't lose hope, and I'm grateful for that. Thanks to all the people on this thread who offered me much support, advice and suggestions, my little kitten and i are slowly pulling through.

Thank you so much for the hugs and healing thoughts :hugs: we appreciate them dearly!

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, the blood test results are in. The vet just called me and she said his blood work is unremarkable!. He's negative for toxo as well as the corona virus :woohoo:
what a relief!

She said to continue keeping him separate until he 's 100%. I still think she doesn't believe that malnourishment could've been the cause. My other cats are just dying to meet him, especially his brother Iggy who was rescued at 3 weeks.

Thank you guys for your unwavering support through all this. I don't have the words to express my gratitude! :lovegrin2

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made a video of him while having the spasms (i don't know what else to call them). This one is a mild one. The ones he had while standing up or trying to walk seemed much worse. Since yesterday morning, he has not had a single spasm! :D
He's running around and playing like crazy, lol .
Here's the link: