Emergency!!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about precious Dawn. *Hugs* . She is now at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you and her loved ones to be with her.

You gave her a good life with love and the best you could and I am sure she knew that and be thankful that you did the best you could.

Thank you for caring and keep in touch.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Out of respect for Dawn I am moving this to over the Bridge.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry about Dawn's passing. You did your best by her, and so it seems did her vet. I hope there is some measure of relief for you in knowing that, between the two of you, her end was made as comfortable as possible. She sure sounds like a treasure.

matty & suma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry, at least she had a good home to be loved in, I am sure she is chasing butterflies were she is now. As for me, I think I would rather know, but that is just me..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dawn was the sweetest kitty and yes she was loved. I think she is playing kitty tag.
I don't want to know because we had a kitty about 3 years ago who became sick after being spayed. She just never came back from surgery. I took her to the vet and he told me that she had luekemia. He said that she should be put down and I agreed. Afterward I realized that I needed to be with her went she left this wolrd and by then it was too late. And so now i just want to believe that maybe just maybe there is some hope and as long as the kitty is not in pain I will help them into the next life. But like you said thats just me.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry.. i'm sure dawn must be at the bridge now without any pain or sufferings... i'm not sure why but this story made me cry... it made me cry really hard this time...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kateang
i'm so sorry.. i'm sure dawn must be at the bridge now without any pain or sufferings... i'm not sure why but this story made me cry... it made me cry really hard this time...
ditto here, 'course I cry everytime I come here because like most of these folks I've been in your shoes, Hugs and good thoughts coming your way !

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. How long have any of you felt such pains after the passing od one of yours? I know its been not even a week but I can't get past it and feel stymied to do anything but think of Dawn. Dawn used to "help" me do things around the house and now when I need to do them it feels really strange. Do cats grieve the way we do? Do they miss another when she's gone? Dawn's sister still lives with us and she seems to be not quit right. I guess the 3 that we still ahve are all a little off this week. Is that normal for them?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Dawn. I think that cats go through a period of grieving that is similiar to ours. You might want to give your other three some extra cuddling and attention if they seem to want it. It will help comfort both them and you.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, your post is SO sad, and made me cry, as I have been in your shoes more than once. With me, it stayed with me for a long time. I mean I cried on and off quite a bit, for the first few days, then it got a little farther apart with the crying jags. For me, it helped to find a really good picture of the pet I had lost, and put it out in a pretty frame, in a place I would see it a lot. I put mine on my microwave, as I always am heating up my coffee! I would pause and think about my little pet I miss so much, and tried to think of fun or cute or sweet things they did. I think that actively thinking about them, helped me work through the pain a bit quicker, than just denying it to myself, that I was in pain! I also truly believe, that pets DO mourn the loss of another pet and maybe you could cuddle and snuggle with them all a bit more for awhile. Besides, it is therapeutic for you too, to have THEM snuggle with you during this most painful of times. {{{HUGS}}} to you...

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the great iseas for displaying Dawn's picture. I did make one of her into my desktop picture on the computer.
I think that the kitty who misses her as much as I do is her sister, Lucky. She kindo of mopes around. We are getting concerned that she is making herself sick. The other little baby we have runs up and down the hall screaming, wantin gDawn to come chase her. Our boy kitty has taken to jumping in my lap and becoming very affectionate. He usually ignores me, favoring my husband over me but not the last few days. As for myself I know that this too shall pass, and I am trying to stay busy.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe give Lucky the extra concern and affection for this time... the two of you can pull through this together...

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is almost 2 weeks now that Dawn has left us. We are managing to go on but I still look for her to jump in my lap. I can't seem to pick up my knitting needles.
Dawn's sister Lucky will probably be next to cross the bridge. She won't eat unless I feed it to her on a baby spoon. She does drink water. She has little drops of diahrea (sp?). She has lost quite a bit of weight. She has been to the vet, he gave her 2 shots and told me to do what I could. and we are afraid that she has luekemia also. And again I don't want to know.
If I can't bring Lucky around I am seriously considering giving away my other cats. I don't think I can go through this heart break again.

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I don't know what to say except to give you a hug

I was worrying about Lucky too. It is an all around heartbreaking and trying time for you, you have all these mixed up feelings, and hurting so much. I hope TCS is of some comfort to you, and you can always PM me. More

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how hard this time can be for you as I have been there along with countless others. I lost my first cat to lukemia and the others through tumours etc. Each time was heartbreaking but I never for a moment regretted taking those kitties in and giving them the best i could. I have 4 cats now and KNOW that at some stage the same will happen one way or another and I will lose them all. Knowing this makes me love them more I think and i could not let them go. They give me great joy and I hope I return it to them Please consider very hard before you rehome your existing kits.
My thoughts are with you.

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lucky is still with us this evening (Friday). She would not eat even what I put in her mouth today but did drink some water.
I think what is especially hard about her and Dawn is the helpless/hopeless feelings that I have. If they were sick with something else and I could give them aid maybe I would feel differently. This is like sitting a death watch.
We will be keeping our other kitties. My husband was able to help me see what I was saying. I love them all so much but I can't imagine my home without any cats.
Thanks for the warm thoughts, I will keep you posted. I haven't given up hope completely and won''t until she is gone. So until thn I will keep trying.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Lucky.

*lights a white light and sends prayers your way*.